Seeking a fishing partner

MadJack

Greetings all.  I am a retired lawyer/Small Claims Court judge, 69, been an avid fisherman since I was a teenager.  I have a fishing trip planned on Eagle Lake near Dryden in NW Ontario this coming September.  The fellow who has been accompanying me on this trip for the past several years has had to drop out this year so I am seeking a replacement.  Here's the lodge:

https://www.templebay.com/

Tremendous fishing for walleye, bass, lake trout, jumbo perch, pike and the odd rogue musky and whitefish.  Full American Plan, meals provided including shore lunches, fully guided each day, and their guides are extremely knowledgeable and a heck of a lot of fun to fish with..  September fishing is great with the colour in the trees, lots of wildlife like moose, deer, bear, and bald eagles.  Super drive up there over several days with overnights in motels.  I've done this trip so many times I know all the good motels to stop at (and the bad ones to avoid) and the good restaurants for meals on the way (and the bad ones to avoid); super scenery as we round Lake Superior.

I live in Thornhill so if from the GTA we'd leave on Thursday 15 September arrive at the lodge just after lunch on Saturday 17 September.  We fish to Thursday 22 September, leave after breakfast on Friday 23 September and make our way back.  If you're not in  the GTA may have to adjust that timing accordingly.

It's not cheap. .  . roughly $2800 per person plus tips. . . cost of motels and gas for my vehicle we split at the end.

But while not cheap, it's tremendous value for the money, the service we receive from the owner to the manager to the cook, the waitresses, the cleaning staff, and of course the guides is top rate across the board.

So if you are interested shoot me a private message  and I can provide more details as needed.

bass.jpg

Lake trout 5.jpg

Musky.jpg

20 pound pike.jpg

31 inch, 14 pound walleye.jpg

Edited by MadJack
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

Terry, you could ask Misfish to fund you. But I know what he would say! “Fund yourself”. 
it does sound like a great adventure for sure. 

I think you meant to say " Go Fund Yourself "

• Haha 1

I wish you luck finding someone.  I'm sure someone would love a trip like this.  

If you're ever headed out with your boat to Gooderham msg me as that where I moved to.  5 min from the lake...  

Different hat each day.

it's an odd tradition I have; every country I visit I always buy a hat and a t-shirt and on my fishing trip each day I wear a different hat/t-shirt from some country that I have visited.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MadJack said:

Well, I would have no problem doing the drive from here to there on my own if you cared to join me there. . . 

Simon lives there.  Get him as a guide if you can!

Edited by GBW
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dont have to travel so far and pay so much. Im catching all May long lake trout in a range 10-22lb right of Port Credit, Ontario with occasional king salmon and steelhead trout for my clients. From June on 20lb+ salmon plus steelhead till mid September. October Lake tout is back + Coho and Kings.  Capt Bob, Salmon Catcher Fishing Charters.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Salmon Catcher said:

Dont have to travel so far and pay so much. Im catching all May long lake trout in a range 10-22lb right of Port Credit, Ontario with occasional king salmon and steelhead trout for my clients. From June on 20lb+ salmon plus steelhead till mid September. October Lake tout is back + Coho and Kings.  Capt Bob, Salmon Catcher Fishing Charters.

Let's not try and compare a fly in lodge to Port Credit, lol.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When I had my boat in Bronte and fished salmon a lot, my kids (little at the time) called the salmon “Mealamonthfish” because they had heard me say that whenever I caught and released a big one.  Lake O is a great catch and release fishery for sure, but getting on remote lake with clean(er) water is a great experience.

Edited by Canuck

• 2 months later...

Well guess what. . . the fellow I had lined up has had to pull out, so I'm back to seeking someone to join me.  Same lodge, leaving from Toronto on Thursday 15 September, be back by Sunday 25 September.  If anyone has any interest in joining me, it's a great trip, shoot me a line with your email and I'll clue you in on all the details.

Jack