Well Done MNR

jimmer

So one guy get's away with only one fine from the looks of it. This guy should have been given two fines. "Cong Luu of Toronto, pleaded guilty to fishing in a fish sanctuary and without a licence and was fined a total of $750."

Jail time might be the only way to stop poaching out of season or in sanctuaries. People sure aren't getting it with just the fines that are handed out. There is a lot of efforts being made to bring back the walleye in the Kawarthas and this just makes me sick when a few can negate all the positive efforts.

Couple of years ago we reported two guys that were keeping OOS fish and were way over their limit, they got nailed. The VERY next day they were right back in the same spot doing exactly the same thing!

Glad to see that these guys at least had to show up in court.

If that's the case, shouldn't the fines be more?

Again I personally do not know if there was kept fish but I would guess so. And YES the fine should be way more! One person breaks 2 rules and pays the same as another person who broke 1 rule. Where does that make sense to anyone?

These 'guys' will never learn or abide by the regulations, they are probably selling the fish! Canada gives money to convicted criminals! Try collecting? Not that they pay on the spot or do they?

NO respect for conversation!

I'm handing a fishing rod hopefully to my grandson this Saturday at a pond and if he gets a bluegill it will go back, and he will learn a lesson.

How about both?

Seriously though, I thought it was common to confiscate vehicles?

Naw the folks you may have heard that about were straight up car jacked is all. :)

Yeah they can and should do so more often.

This is an outrage! I wonder how many people were ruthlessly stripped of their dignity, civil rights and freedoms?? These power hungry MNR guys must be stopped!!

"All told, 13 people were charged by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry during a one-week enforcement blitz back in May."

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

this is CANADA.

Yes it is. There's a bit of an elephant in the room on this thread.

I think the fines are ok for a first offence, but I hope the system works in a way that if they get charged again for similar stuff, they will get crushed.