Do you have a preferred boat brand?

Tjames09

Yeah I'm seriously looking at their 2225 all closed cabin for lake O. Only thing holding me back so far is the $

Old friend of mine on the west coast just bought a 22' Campion Explorer Walkaround cabin with 200 Yammy on the back, I believe Campions are Canadian made if that is a determining factor, wish I had one slipped at the marina so I could walk over and go fishing.

Edit: and he even got it with the hardtop :good:

Edited by dave524

speaking of bullet proof outboards...im running a 91 suzuki 15 oil injection.

Thing starts first pull when its -10 outside...change the leg oil, clean the carburator of the sand that blows into every once in a while, change the plugs every so often...the damn thing runs like it was bought yesterday.

but things just aint made like they used to be are they...

Edited by AKRISONER

I know quite a few other manufacturers offer a flip down rear seat. I do not on the other hand know the price ranges. The boat that offers this that has always caught my eye is the Crestliner fish hawk. I don't know why but I have always loved that boat. I'd still buy a Lund before the crestliner though.

It should be added that even with an unfavorable exchange, the US market is fantastic for used boats. Factor in the exchange and start looking at the price point. You'll be surprised at the boat you can get and the selection. I bought mine in PA and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

JohnBacon, you are bang on. Not only because a smaller boat may fit in a regular garage anything larger than 20 feet can be a challenge to trailer it. Both because of weight especially in a glass rig and maneuverability can be an issue as well. A 20 plus footer takes up a lot of space in a city driveway too. When I was looking for my ideal boat of 15 to 17 feet of aluminum Lund, all the good ones were not for sale, the ones that were good were hard to find and none were a Lund.

We did go to the Boat Show the year I bought and it was crystal clear that I wasn't buying a new boat for my budget unless I bought a good tinny with a 9.9 4 stroke or a underpowered over priced 15' Tracker. For what they wanted for a 14' Lund or StarCraft tinny with a 9.9 and zero options I bought the Superfisherman 190 in showroom condition loaded with options including 2 sonar units plus a GPS combo, 24 volt Motor Guide and a very good CD/radio. Oops forgot the top of the line VHF with the 6 foot areal.

2 years ago I went to the boat show looking for a new boat. I ended up with a Lund 1775 Impact. This is my second Lund. The other was a Mr. Pike 16". The Mr. Pike was a great boat had it 15 years was just ready for an upgrade. I looked at Princecraft, Lowe, Smokercraft and Lund amongst others.

All these boats are great one way or another. I was very picky about a few things and Lund had all the answers. Size was determined by budget and garage space.

IMO you can't go wrong with Lund.

What you can go wrong with is the dealer. Find out from other boat owners the dealers reputation. It helped me make the right decision!

The maritime laws and requirements over 18ft are different at least here down here in the South. A distress flag is good to 18ft but flare devices are needed over 18ft. The rating of loaded weights and insurance should all be considered before up grading. I have a glass Ranger and a Xpress aluminum jet boat. Don't kid yourself you can put a hole in an aluminum boat. The Xpress is a .100 gauge boat which is 5052 aluminum and I was running a set of rapids and popped a hole in the back lots of water in a 2" hole. A Nerf football jammed in the hole got me back ot the dock and a quick welding made it whole again. The big difference between the two in my eyes is the Ranger rides on a pad and has very little of the boat in the water so it rides smoother than the aluminum boat. The aluminum boat is designed to draft 4 " on plane with a larger wet surface so you will feel the waves more. I installed a suspension seat in the Xpress which takes all but the most brutal jarring. I have 4 boats all of them are designed for different types of water which we have available within a hours from where I live so pick the water you fish the most and match the boat to that water.

Art

Just actually ordered a Lund Crossover 1875 this week at the show at the Lund booth and its being outfitted with a 150H0 Evinrude G2!!! The price with controls and the whole 9 yards was actually cheaper than the price of the 150merc and 5k less than the 175 Verado (the 150HO will be very similar power wise). We looked at all the brands there and went in with an open mind (Other than not wanting a merc!) and after my wife and kids sitting in every brand there...the Crossover was the one for us with out a doubt! Now just have to patiently wait the 8-10 weeks until it comes in!

Just actually ordered a Lund Crossover 1875 this week at the show at the Lund booth and its being outfitted with a 150H0 Evinrude G2!!! The price with controls and the whole 9 yards was actually cheaper than the price of the 150merc and 5k less than the 175 Verado (the 150HO will be very similar power wise). We looked at all the brands there and went in with an open mind (Other than not wanting a merc!) and after my wife and kids sitting in every brand there...the Crossover was the one for us with out a doubt! Now just have to patiently wait the 8-10 weeks until it comes in!

Nice catch, how did you manage a E-TEC saddled on the back of a Lund........not easy to do nowadays....

You're gonna love the E-TEC with the powerful hole shot, quiet and extremely good on gas, great choice not to mention a 10 year warranty. Can you imagine in 5 years you decide for some reason to sell this boat and it still has a 5 year warranty on the motor, what a selling point for a used boat.

BTW the self winterizing is really SWEET......

I'll bet you can't wait until spring.......

Congrats If I knew the etec was an option on the lunds I might of picked one up instead I got a Alumacraft with a yammi. I had an etec for 7+ years loved it.

We were at the show last Sunday and sat in every aluminum 18-20' boat there but loved the Lund the best but I did not want a Merc. Got a price for the boat from one of the dealers in the Lund booth with no motor and no controls which was to much money (I am positive they included were including their cut for the non existant motor but this may have been a Lund thing and not the dealer!) I then priced an Evinrude for "re power" but the price was also crazy and the boat was coming in at over 10k more than the boat with the 175 Verado!!!

I came home, pissed off I couldn't get what I wanted so I did a quick google search figuring that if I can find a marina that sells both Lunds and Evinrudes we may have better luck! A quick search and www.bay-marine.com/lund.htm showed up and right there it said they have special packages on lund's/Evinrudes!!! I called them up and talked to someone and was asked if I could have someone else call me in 10 minutes. Got a phone call in less than 10mins from a salesman from the show (was actually working in the lund booth) and he hooked me up! and the best part was the price like I said was cheaper than the 150merc!!! Anyone interested in the salesman's name just send me a PM! And yes...I can't wait till spring :)

Ryan

We were at the show last Sunday and sat in every aluminum 18-20' boat there but loved the Lund the best but I did not want a Merc. Got a price for the boat from one of the dealers in the Lund booth with no motor and no controls which was to much money (I am positive they included were including their cut for the non existant motor but this may have been a Lund thing and not the dealer!) I then priced an Evinrude for "re power" but the price was also crazy and the boat was coming in at over 10k more than the boat with the 175 Verado!!!

I came home, pissed off I couldn't get what I wanted so I did a quick google search figuring that if I can find a marina that sells both Lunds and Evinrudes we may have better luck! A quick search and www.bay-marine.com/lund.htm showed up and right there it said they have special packages on lund's/Evinrudes!!! I called them up and talked to someone and was asked if I could have someone else call me in 10 minutes. Got a phone call in less than 10mins from a salesman from the show (was actually working in the lund booth) and he hooked me up! and the best part was the price like I said was cheaper than the 150merc!!! Anyone interested in the salesman's name just send me a PM! And yes...I can't wait till spring :)

Ryan

just curious, did they offer the G1 and G2 motors? the G2 being the newer motor

sorry missed the earlier post that it's the G2

Edited by mikeh

you would be very surprised with what you could be driving if you can come up with 20,000 on the used market. A whole lot of boat.

You'll get a lot more boat for your money on the used market.

Id image that is true. Just the hassle of used and trying to find the right price, some boats get replaces or renamed so its tough to know what the boat was worth when it was new. I also dont want to buy someones 10 year old problem.