Anyone else getting ready for the controlled hunt?

BillM

I hunt the December controlled hunt and have done so for the last 10 years. That way I get a week of rifle in november and dabble in the shotgun hunt on my regular days off and don't have to use any vacation! Seems to me that the December hunt is one of the few times I hunt deer with snow on the ground anymore! Good luck!

Edited by porkpie

Good Luck out there Bill post a few pic's of the big guy you get :D

I'll be chasing a 12 Point buck early Saturday morning with the camera :D I started out as a hunter fisherman from an early age still have my hunting licence but I prefer now to go with a camera :D

Can I join you??? I will let you squeeze your trigger first.... promise :angel: lol

Good Luck out there Bill post a few pic's of the big guy you get :D

I'll be chasing a 12 Point buck early Saturday morning with the camera :D I started out as a hunter fisherman from an early age still have my hunting licence but I prefer now to go with a camera :D

I knew there was a P3TA mole here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, J/K BUDDY. :tease:

Safe hunt foremost Bill. Good luck buddy.

I already miss it, but will back at it, bow hunting next year. Not bow the fish,LOL

I'm getting ready to avoid the bush around here. Way to many yahoos with guns trespassing and shooting at anything that moves during the controlled hunt in this area.

Ditto. Best time of year to be in the marsh shooting ducks.

S.

Well tonight was the night! Setup around 3pm and this monster decides to stroll through around 4. Had to find an opening between the pine trees in order to get a shot but I made it (He was booking it pretty good) Dropped him at about 50yrds.

You can tell I was a little bit excited. Can't wait to score him, definitely getting a head mount done. Biggest deer I've ever shot!

20161110_164646_zpsi0ankw32.jpg

Edited by BillM