Fishing forums that appreciate a fishing report?

manitoubass2

post politics and then we'll reply

these forums are for guys who allegedly fish but want to spout off on other crap

Agreed

Post a political thread or a free couch(no disrepect cliff) and it goes pages.

I take the time to post intimate pics of myself and my family, fishing, camping, nature, and nobody gives a crap

I love others reports and always chime in. It takes time and im very appreciative members take their time to show us their adventures.

Ofc should put a week hiatus on any post not fishing or huntin related and see how the response is

I went fishing today!!!! :D

Only the 4th time this year!!!!!!

Caught fish too. Water temp @ the launch 1*C.

Water temp on the lake 6*C.

Wind NE 15k gusting to 25k.

Fishing was pretty darned good!!!

My buddy and I boated 14 lakers and 2 pike in just over 4 hours of fishing. :)

Nothing of any size though. 8 or 10# was the largest. Most were 4-6#'s

Heading back out in the AM. Launch bay will be frozen by next weekend so I'm done until safe ice.

14715586_1605768529449480_57886549462216

14711167_1605768502782816_18023738006805

14712594_1605768469449486_81778613174505

Happy now?? :tease: :tease: :tease:

I went fishing today!!!! :D

Only the 4th time this year!!!!!!

Caught fish too. Water temp @ the launch 1*C.

Water temp on the lake 6*C.

Wind NE 15k gusting to 25k.

Fishing was pretty darned good!!!

My buddy and I boated 14 lakers and 2 pike in just over 4 hours of fishing. :)

Nothing of any size though. 8 or 10# was the largest. Most were 4-6#'s

Heading back out in the AM. Launch bay will be frozen by next weekend so I'm done until safe ice.

14715586_1605768529449480_57886549462216

14711167_1605768502782816_18023738006805

14712594_1605768469449486_81778613174505

Happy now?? :tease: :tease: :tease:

No

Nice buddy! Id love to experience the fishing up there one day!!!

I suck at laker fishing but man they are a hoot!

Good shooting mang!

It's a miserable weekend Rick and people likely feel the same. lol

This is a favorite site of mine to check in on and probably always will be. There's a quality bunch here that participates or at the very least is regularly present. From Facebook too, for friends and family outside of fishing for years I have linked people to here and now some have even signed on. I'll always be around too. But the participation levels on basically all the forums I know have dwindled over the years. The quick "like" elsewhere is easier than offering the efforts needed here, especially with reporting. And it's that same constant quick feed elsewhere that I fear has depreciated efforts in making big, or quality, or even regular reports online. Brian is about the only member here who puts in the constant effort like that which many people seemed to once do.

On a personal note, having to format/edit the same text to suit different sites (as I have always belonged to several public and private sites) has long become annoying. Some reports have taken up to 45 minutes to post and repost on just three sites as the copy and paste just doesn't fully cut it. All this comes after the initial labor of love in writing the thing. I can imagine there have been some others who find this tedious as well. For me, it is about to get worse too, unless I change things.

Have found overall that many here are accepting, supportive and decent. A decade of my drivel and some of the same still show kindness and thanks every time. The place sorely misses the presence and posts of much of it's moderators and long time members though. The occasional name calling comes my way too and surely there's guys who roll their eyes each time I post, but for the most part this board has always administered a healthy dose of brotherly angler love from whomever is aboard the ship.

Don't let the hits and posts beatchya down though Rickman! Although you put in the solid effort to entertain, are proud of your catches or maybe need a "pick me up" post to lick your sickness today, sometimes folks just ain't willing to join the game or they aren't even around.

For the record, I liked your pics dood!

I loved reading your recent posts Rick & as I stated before your pix are awesome! Other boards I visit have been short on fishing reports lately as well. Maybe because it's in between seasons for these people. Drifter good to see you got into the lakers. I do miss your thread of your cabin build. I was in Kashechewan for 8 weeks & may have missed some recent updates.

Manitou:

I have seen just about all of your posts the past while, and all are incredible. I think the reason is some ppl here are getting tired with every other post not related to anything. Generally I remember when a post like yours received comments out the wazzzooo , thus making some of us alternate comments on threads. But now, seems like many have taken that approach, and comments aren't coming. Some people have or are in transition of moving on to different online communities also....

I enjoy your posts and everybody else's for that matter fishing related. It takes a lot of time , and you're proud to share your findings. But now it's like sharing money with an affluenza teen.

I have noticed fishing everything seems to be slower , including selling. Like a complete ghost town. I felt the market has died , wonder if it's the same for everything else, flu shot or... * thoughts of conspiracy*. Regardless of if people actually respond, the amount of views posters receive should make them feel some sort of comfort (I do all my OFC on iPhone so it doesn't show me views tho, so I'm assuming that function still exists).

Anyhow manitou, you are not alone and many people have felt what you feel.

Great posts bud!

Edited by buick14

It's a back and forth participation between members that keeps forums alive. If that stops it all does. And Rick is OK to ask the question, "are there fishing forums that appreciate fishing reports?" Because yes, here especially, this site can get pages and pages of people coming out in droves to post on so many non-fishing related topics, but some of those same people will view someone's report and never offer anything. In seconds their fishing is on page two because generic home renos and the Blue Jays inspired anglers more.

Those kinds of things only serve to crush the "fishing" on a fishing forum.

And I do believe it's time that the forums separate into fishing and non-fishing, or that the one page be split in half somehow with fishing topics and reports at the top and the rest at the bottom.

Just the coffee, toast and marmie talk this morning.. Maybe muskie this afternoon. Gonna drop a huge report here this week. :P

And I do believe it's time that the forums separate into fishing and non-fishing, or that the one page be split in half somehow with fishing topics and reports at the top and the rest at the bottom.

This idea has been shot down many times before but I still like it. The argument usually put forth against it is that it will fracture the board. I don't see that myself, I'll just check two forums here instead of one. Of course it's management's prerogative in the end but I don't object to the idea. Edited by Dutch01

Thanks for the replies doods!

Lotsa good ideas but I too back a NON fishing Subform

Doesnt need to be complicated, just two forums, fishing/hunting and a second Non fishing related

When I ran a forum its simple to do as well. Takes 5 minutes

The problem would be organzing older threads.

Anyhow its cold a rainy out, me thinks the big walleyes might turn on today so im off soon to check it out!

Just the coffee, toast and marmie talk this morning.. Maybe muskie this afternoon. Gonna drop a huge report here this week. :P

Other option is to enforce thread prefixes.

So you can't post a thread unless you've selected "non-fishing" or "fishing". Something like that.

Then add a filter at the top, so that users may sort by fishing or non-fishing.

That's what I do on my forums anyway.

If I ever catch another fish I'll be sure to make a report. I didn't have much to report this year, I'm not alone either I think.

It gets difficult to come up with pronouns and adverbs other than the standards everyone posts on fishing reports so guys don't because it gets repetitive. Thus the like features. That election thread I started had well over 2000 hits when a great fishing thread started the same day earlier had 500 hits. A separate forum for all non fish related threads might be an idea, many have them. Social media has evolved since this site was created. I am a member of a NFL teams site and there is a forum there dedicated to anything else. A popular "anything else" thread is fishing, go figure.

Oh quit your gryping. LMAO

I looked and ya didnt post. Lots of pics of fish and kids. Lots of fun had.

I post reports to support and just to share. I know that many are looking for the wheres. Hench the cropping now in all my pics.

Just ask BillM. Lesson learned. LOL

Short report coming soon. Had a smiling angel over me today Im sure. :angel:

Thanks Bunk :Gonefishing:

I too am guilty of seeing and not responding. I apologize for this. It's been a long two years. Full of changes,good and bad. My biggest problem is time. I don't have as much as I used to. It seems the second I sit down to enjoy these forums I hear a "daddy, can you....?" Or "honey,can you....?" I've started a new career that I never expected I would. You do the same thing for 23 years and you don't expect it to ever change.

But, believe it or not, my brothers and I got out today to chase the reason I'm the "psycho". Rose at 4:30am to make the 2 hour drive north to Arcola creek.

Didn't catch a thing

Oh well, as said many times. A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work.

I'll post pics when I get a minute. LOL!!!

P. S. Rick, Dave, Drew and EVERYONE for that matter, please don't change a thing. Your contributions to these forum are what make it what it is. I can't imagine them any other way.

Thanks everyone

I have been thinking the same thing Rick. The whole point for me of posting a report was more than just sharing success with fellow outdoorsman, but sparking lots of conversations and sharing information. I tried sharing a yr-end report full of wild brook trout pics and it was done after a day or two, but a thread about car tires will be hot for months. I understand that it's a community of friends first and foremost, but at what point should you just stop calling it a fishing forum. I think Chris Brock nailed it.

I'll check back when I need advice on a new BBQ I guess lol