NF- ATV insurance

atvaholic

Just picked an old Polaris sportsman 06 model to have a little fun.

Had a quad back in the day but sold it. I don't remember what insurance costs but I just got quoted $430.00 for the year on a 10 year old machine.

Wondering what everyone else pays. I don't remember it being so damn expensive.

I get a discount through work, but I pay about $350 a year for insurance on my 2005 350cc 4x4 quad and a 1998 500cc snowmobile. I've been told this is a very good price for both, and I'm not sure how much the work discount factors in. A lot may have to do with the size of the quad etc.

Yep. if it has wheels or an engine on it insurance has become ridiculous. Especially off road toys. A buddy was just talking about 700 a year for a brand new snow machine.

Full coverage on my sled back in late '07 was $850!!!

Needless to say I dropped the collision on it to save$$$$.

Call around. A lot of places wont even insure them. Canada life, and state farm are supposed to be pretty good for ATV's and Sleds. I have my sled insured with my auto insurance through CAA....costs me about $20 a month for the sled.

S.

To put things in perspective I just turned 23 and bought a 1977 L-88 Corvette Stingray in 1978. I paid $850.00 a year for insurance. I was only making around $1000.00 a month though. And that was good deal then as I wasn't yet 25 but back then I think the pre 25 year old higher premiums only applied to women drivers.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Fisherman's Grizz at $153.00 per year sounds like a very good price including fire & theft. In 2012 I had a brand new Polaris Sportsman 500. My insurance cost was $29.00 per month with TD Canada Trust insurance. I was covered for PL/PD, fire, theft & collision. I'm not sure if I was covered while travelling on a frozen lake. The amount of deductible will also play a big part in your premium.

State Farm/Certas:

-2007 Grizzly 700 atv with fire and theft - $15/month or $180/yr

-2000 SXR 600 sled with fire and theft - $14/month or $168/yr

-2013 WR250R bike with fire and theft - $41/month or $490/yr

Ya gotta pay to play!