2019-2020 Hockey Thread

glad to see marner snapping outta it. He looks dominant again, got his confidence back. Who would have thunk, Babcock sorted him out and now look hes scoring 2+ points per game.

Boy does Nylander need Matthews eh?

Going to the devils game Thursday, they are hot as hell, slightly worried but the leafs are rolling too.

So me and the missus are spending the weekend in Chicago and took in the Blackhawks game last night.

I hate to say it but blackhawks fan in the building put leafs fans to shame by a mile. Every home goal, the building erupts. There is singing and dancing and clapping.

You know how I knew I wasn't in Toronto? The home team was down 6-5 with 8 minutes left in the game. The visiting team scored making it 7-5, I turn to my girlfriend and say 'watch as the building empties'. And no one left. Everyone was still glued to their seats.

Now that's a fan base that supports its team.

I hate to say it but blackhawks fan in the building put leafs fans to shame by a mile.

Yeah, it's disappointing how lame the ACC is. Lots of executroids looking at their cell phones all game.

I bet it would give the Leafs a boost if the crowd would make some noise once in a while.

Yeah, it's disappointing how lame the ACC is. Lots of executroids looking at their cell phones all game.

I bet it would give the Leafs a boost if the crowd would make some noise once in a while.

honestly chris the atmosphere has improved immensely since Matthews arrived. I took in the leafs blackhawks game earlier this season and I dont remember the ACC ever being that loud.

I will let you know what happens thursday at the devils game. I will admit though the suits take away from it all...but what can you do when corporations are the only ones that can afford the $380 per seat price for lower bowls.

Entertaining game!

Marchand had a few good chances.

I'm still surprised with marleau.

Also Matt, cherry was very optimistic about your sens.....going to quebec

Irresponsible comment on his part imo!

There are definite attendance issues and unfair reasons for them.

A new arena in the downtown area will be a plus for all.

I hope this idiots in Ottawa city hall get it right and allow it. The fact they are even voting on it is worrisome.

Then again, Ottawa is a government town, anything can happen.

Not at all.

He is 100% correct.

Put an arena downtown if not the team will probably end up in Quebec.

That's only part of the problem. That Ottawa is a federal government town they don't allow corporate ticket sales. The majority of employers have links to the federal government and it's disallowed to gift tickets. That alone would be a problem for any team.

And Ottawa is the only team with this issue.

That's only part of the problem. That Ottawa is a federal government town they don't allow corporate ticket sales. The majority of employers have links to the federal government and it's disallowed to gift tickets. That alone would be a problem for any team.

That actually does make a lot of sense.

It's frusterating but they can't start allowing government officials to accept tickets or gifts of the like or give them out. The amount of corruption that could potential cause (insert joke here about there being no difference now) would be pretty bad.

I'm haven't been a Hockey fan since I was a kid and up until they built the state of the art arena in Hamilton and was denied a NHL team. The Habs were my team and the Leafs a close second because a neighbours Uncle played, Don Awrey. I do read your posts here though and it is nice to see both the passion for your teams and the hockey knowledge here is amazing. Most any of you guys could be talking heads on the tube and fit in well.

So most fans are gifted tickets in the NHL?

I guess I keep getting skipped over lol

I work for a for profit that can have some sway on industrial and commercial buildings/projects. Our company gets gifted really nice tickets all the time.

Company policy is they go to the rec committee and everyone can buy a ballot to win em for $2. The money from the ballots goes towards parties and employee appreciation plus charities. Etc.

So that's their problem. The seats are empty because the tickets are not free. Would people even want them if they were?