2019-2020 Hockey Thread

13 hours ago, chris.brock said:

So you're not a leafs or sens fan, what's your motive? getting rises?  I think most of the leafs fans on this thread are like me, realistic, we are a middle of the pack team. Yeah, we are passionate. It's the miserable hatred that's interesting, maybe a little disturbing too.

Exactly. 

3 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I don't know about the rest of the Leaf fans but for the sake of that young boy that lost his leg to cancer, I was glad to see his hero Ovechkin get the hattrick. What a thrill for that little guy. :D

Heres the vid of the kid getting player of the game

https://streamable.com/wbhkr

awesome

Edited by AKRISONER

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I don't know about the rest of the Leaf fans but for the sake of that young boy that lost his leg to cancer, I was glad to see his hero Ovechkin get the hattrick. What a thrill for that little guy. :D

Yeah, I wasn't totally upset over that either.

Washington gave the lad the player of the game trophy in the room after the game too. :)

3 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

For sure, if it was scripted , they couldn't have done it better.

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

So sad to hear that the Sens haven't won a game in the two weeks since they returned from Sweden.  :rofl2::rofl2:

tenor (1).gif

seems like people have finally figured out how to get around the trap..a Bull system and a mediocre goalie. Its not like their "talent" can dig them outta this one.

I still love that Matt said "aquiring duchene means we are now a contender" ahahhaa adding a 20 goal scorer for 6 million per is always a great move lmao

you know the leafs have an exact comparable, his names tyler bozak...he makes 2 million less per season and isnt a dink.

Edited by AKRISONER

28 minutes ago, bow slayer said:

I guess someone should rename the the thread to leafs hockey then,seems it is ok for the leaf fans to poke fun and stir it up on sens or habs fans but if someone does the same to leafs fans you are labelled a miserable hater,lol,priceless

It's called payback.  :)

57 minutes ago, bow slayer said:

I guess someone should rename the the thread to leafs hockey then,seems it is ok for the leaf fans to poke fun and stir it up on sens or habs fans but if someone does the same to leafs fans you are labelled a miserable hater,lol,priceless

It's all in good fun.  If you can't take a jab now and then you shouldn't be in this thread.   Matt is the king of trolling and even gets me going sometimes, lol!!!!    

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

you know the leafs have an exact comparable, his names tyler bozak...he makes 2 million less per season and isnt a dink.

Your forgetting all of the that Ottawa will save by trading their first pick from 2016 and their first draft choice from 2018 or 2019... among other players that they traded in the deal  :D

3 hours ago, bow slayer said:

Oh please!  Matt alone dumps on the Leafs more than all Leaf fans combined dump on the other teams.   Leaf fans have put up with jabs for years; now that the Leafs are doing better than your team you can't handle even a tenth of the abuse that Leaf fans have endoured.

4 hours ago, bow slayer said:

Where have you been last couple of seasons? We have had to put up with Matt's incessant babbling for a while now.

I'm sure it's coincidental he is nowhere to be found that the turd's free fall has commenced

59 minutes ago, bow slayer said:

thing is i am not a sens or habs fan at all,,but I am  certified leaf hater,mostly due to family,friends and co-workers who can be a little over the top leaf fans,my favourite team is who is playing them any given night.

That would explain why you would be upset now that the Leafs are showing some signs of success...

Love how all the leafs haters feel we're picking on the other Canadian teams now that the leafs are playing well. 

Where were you from 2005 to 2015? 

Any other team had that kind of incompetence and the ownership would move them to (ugh) Seattle. Now the leafs actually ice a decent team and everyone else gets butthurt because we finally have someone to cheer for. 

It's not about the Leafs doing well, they're upset they don't have anything to jeer and make fun of.  Take that away and they have nothing to add, speechless. That's why Matt's MIA. But they'll be back because every team going through painful slumps and the Leafs will again. At least Matt steps up and says he's a Sens fan... Bow Slayer, what's with the secretive favorite team? Did I miss it?

On 27/11/2017 at 1:37 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

So sad to hear that the Sens haven't won a game in the two weeks since they returned from Sweden.  :rofl2::rofl2:

tenor (1).gif

Yep, they suck pretty bad right now, no excuses!!!

Bunch of deadbeats!!

Just a matter of time before they click but sure aint fun watching now.

I can't imagine how you laffites felt for fifty years!

:rolleyes:

22 hours ago, bow slayer said:

Oh believe me, as a huge Sens fan (Praise Alfie) I have ridden the laffites like a rented mule. :lol:

They have taken and given, but mostly taken, so they are all ok to bash back. I would think less of them if they didn't.

:D