2019-2020 Hockey Thread

The Leafs of last night were not anywhere near, the Leafs of the previous game. I think Babs said it best at the post game pressy... We didn't learn anything because we didn't play well enough.

Recent history shows us that when this team loses, they learn from it and come out firing on all cylinders in their next group of games.

I have to think that there a more than a few teams who are looking at the Leafs and hoping they don't see them in the first round. Too much speed, to much fire power and a hot goalie. And, they have absolutely nothing to lose.

HH

The Leafs of last night were not anywhere near, the Leafs of the previous game. I think Babs said it best at the post game pressy... We didn't learn anything because we didn't play well enough.

Recent history shows us that when this team loses, they learn from it and come out firing on all cylinders in their next group of games.

I have to think that there a more than a few teams who are looking at the Leafs and hoping they don't see them in the first round. Too much speed, to much fire power and a hot goalie. And, they have absolutely nothing to lose.

HH

The reason why I'm so worried about Leafs vs Washington in the first round is our D is the last big imporvement this team needs. It is by no means horrible, but with the firepower on Washington, if Ovetchkin and Co can get favourable matchups and find holes, they could really set the net on fire. Plus I'd take Holtby over Andersson. I can't say that about Ottawa's Anderson or how Rask has played this year.

The laffs can't lose in the eyes of the laffites.

Sting together some wins by a team of rookies and it's cup time lol. Bunch of first year players with no playoff experience who have been punching above their weight class all year is not a sure thing in the playoffs.

No defense, goalie is questionable, just a bunch of rookies who, in their first year, clicked and scored some goals. Yes the leafs of old are gone, Tucker, Domi, Sundin, and the other goons are all gone. Babcock did a great job but Cinderellas slipper is about to come off.

Sting together some wins by a team of rookies and it's cup time lol. Bunch of first year players with no playoff experience who have been punching above their weight class all year is not a sure thing in the playoffs.

No defense, goalie is questionable, just a bunch of rookies who, in their first year, clicked and scored some goals. Yes the leafs of old are gone, Tucker, Domi, Sundin, and the other goons are all gone. Babcock did a great job but Cinderellas slipper is about to come off.

Ummmm your whole team needs a magnesium bath

Pretty sure that not once does anyone mention the leafs winning the Stanley cup in this thread.

Not 10 years, this is my most memorable Leafs game in my 66 years and unless they win the Cup again before I croak, will probably remain so.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/bruins-eliminate-leafs-in-game-7-shocker-1.1386432

I'm an eternal optimist.

Like Indiana Jones 4 and the Star Wars Prequels, that game never happened. :P

This season could end today and the Leafs could call it a success. Incredible scoring and points records by the rookies and big improvements by some of the existing players like Kadri and Bozak. I'm happy...everything else is gravy and there is lots to build on. With their position now, I hope they make the playoffs because it'll have little effect of draft picks but the experience of being in the playoffs and probably getting their butts kicked will be valuable. I don't want their first playoff run to be the first year they're actually ready.

This year has been awesome watching these guys enter the league and perform the way they has. I'm so glad I got to see it. Depending what happens in the next 5 years, this will go down as a big year in Maple Leafs history. Go Leafs Go!

This season could end today and the Leafs could call it a success. Incredible scoring and points records by the rookies and big improvements by some of the existing players like Kadri and Bozak. I'm happy...everything else is gravy and there is lots to build on. With their position now, I hope they make the playoffs because it'll have little effect of draft picks but the experience of being in the playoffs and probably getting their butts kicked will be valuable. I don't want their first playoff run to be the first year they're actually ready.

This year has been awesome watching these guys enter the league and perform the way they has. I'm so glad I got to see it. Depending what happens in the next 5 years, this will go down as a big year in Maple Leafs history. Go Leafs Go!

Well said!

Not 10 years, this is my most memorable Leafs game in my 66 years and unless they win the Cup again before I croak, will probably remain so.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/bruins-eliminate-leafs-in-game-7-shocker-1.1386432

Me too.

I was so stunned and pissed off, I didn't show up for work for 2 days.

I've been tracking the statistical analysis and the odds of the Leafs making the playoffs the last couple weeks. Before tonight's game, it's a 97.6% chance the Leafs get in. I've been a fan a long time, I'm not counting my chickens, they could easily crap the bed.