2019-2020 Hockey Thread

only positive for the last two games is that both pitt and columbus have nothing to play for. neither team can move up or down in the standings and change their seed in the playoffs. hopefully they will be resting guys.

last two games should be a big wake-up call as to what playoffs will be all about!

i would still rather be in toronto's position than either the islanders or tampa

think about the game against columbus sunday....you are on the road in a meaningless game against a team that has absolutely everything on the line...

Its not even my own season ticket holders that I am worrying about. I would bench my entire starting roster, there is no way in hell im throwing my guys out against a team that is clawing at you with every last bit of gas that they have.

Pretty sure we have been saying this all year.

Course when both games are 4-1 it's a team effort. Can expect even the best D and goalie to pitch a shutout every night. Need that high powered offense to kick it up one more time.

Hey they're kids guys! they've never seen playoff hockey at this level. I'm OK with making or not making the playoffs as long as they realize it's time to listen to the strength and nutrition coaches this summer. I just hope Marner or Matthews don't get hurt in the final games. This is whole new level of physical these guys have never seen before.

Yeah time to address the D on this team. Not sure what they see in Zitsev. I bet Rielly was glad to get away from him so his stats could improve. Very skilled player but too small and too light.

Really, who expected them to compete for a play off spot this year. It would be nice for them to make it, but definitely not the end of the world if they don't. Like I said, I was hoping for the Battle of Ontario. It would make for good bantering with Matt. LOL