2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Sure is nice watching this team right now....too bad though looks like they might actually make the playoffs. :whistling:

Defense looks so much better lately, whole team defense not just the Dmen.

Polak has been great, Andersen is playing great as well....Go leafs go

Edited by Brettiop

I find myself sitting up every time the Marner line is on. It's so much fun to watch the skill that kid has and when you combine that with his hockey smarts and will to work hard, it's a pleasure to watch.

On the same note, I am beginning to become impressed with the way Nylander has grown up in the last few months. He's playing bigger and seems much more willing to go to the hard places to get what he wants.

For the first time in a long time, it's fun to watch the Leafs again!

HH

Who saw methots finger? Eeewwwwww I read no supplemental discipline is expected.... How do you not suspend or at least fine that? If guys are getting fines for diving or embellishment I can't wrap my head around nothing for Crosby on that

Who saw methots finger? Eeewwwwww I read no supplemental discipline is expected.... How do you not suspend or at least fine that? If guys are getting fines for diving or embellishment I can't wrap my head around nothing for Crosby on that

It was a common slash that caught him on his forward hand. The injury made it uncommon but at best, it was a two minute penalty.

It was a common slash that caught him on his forward hand. The injury made it uncommon but at best, it was a two minute penalty.

Agreed, people get slashed in that way all game, def needed to get a penalty but i dont see the need for a suspension,

The slash to ROR groin the other day on the other hand maybe have warranted a hearing

Watch one of the sports shows and they showed quite a few recent clips of Polak running guys into the boards from behind. Seems like they reviewed his penalty history before giving out the suspension.

Edited by jimmer

I thought Polak had him on the shoulder until the last second when the offensive player made a turn towards the boards, that's far from drilling someone into the boards from behind. Tough call.

Edited by BillM

Yeah, fingertip hanging half off was pretty gross. In typical hockey fashion he didn't even look shook lol

2 min penalty. Finger wasn't cut off on purpose lol

yet basketball players be out with contusions, and soccer players who play once a week take games off because of turf toe and fatigue...dont get me wrong im a fan...but basketball especially just keeps getting softer and softer and floppier.

you cant suspend a guy for a slash to the hand...otherwise we would have suspensions every day.

yet basketball players be out with contusions, and soccer players who play once a week take games off because of turf toe and fatigue...dont get me wrong im a fan...but basketball especially just keeps getting softer and softer and floppier.

you cant suspend a guy for a slash to the hand...otherwise we would have suspensions every day.

Basketball is brutal. I grew up playing, so now of course my kids play and wanna watch the games. Horrible. It's just a bunch of pansies showboating most the time.

I grew up loving the bulls of course, but I loved the bulls vrs. The Pistons, that was epic. Much like the summit series in hockey, just flat out war.

Im not even gonna comment on soccer. Squash players make them look weak

Remember the guy who had the heart attack on the ice a few years ago?

Best Meme ever.

Baseball: Blister - 3 weeks off on DL

Basketball : Sprained ankle - 4 weeks on DL

Soccer : Bruised shin - 8 weeks on DL

Hockey: Heart attack - next shift 'Put me in coach!'

Shouldn't fingers be like the high stick rule? Blood equals an extra 2 mins?

Remember the guy who had the heart attack on the ice a few years ago?

Best Meme ever.

Baseball: Blister - 3 weeks off on DL

Basketball : Sprained ankle - 4 weeks on DL

Soccer : Bruised shin - 8 weeks on DL

Hockey: Heart attack - next shift 'Put me in coach!'

Shouldn't fingers be like the high stick rule? Blood equals an extra 2 mins?

Yep, and yeah, if a slash cuts 1/4 of your finger off I wouldn't be against an extra 2

I think a slash on the stick that breaks a stick is a penalty. A slash on the hands that causes an injury like Methots deserves a suspension. The penalty should fit the crime and each player should be accountable for their actions, intentional or not. If the league allows injuries from slashes like this then I would say it's open season on Crosby as well. Where would it stop?

These guys have spent most of their lives in a rink playing hockey at a level most of us can't even begin to relate to, they know what they are doing.

I've always given Sid the benefit of the doubt but this play should have been a suspension. When a guy pulls off his glove and his finger is missing, why does that not compare to a high sticking where a guy bleeds and loses a few teeth?