What the bunk?????

manitoubass2

The water looks gin clear. I can't even imagine how crazy it would be to hook up with such a colourful fish in water like that. Good for you bunk. Photos and memories are great but the experience itself is the best part. Something tells me there will be many more char experiences shared. You sir are ruined. I can see that being very addictive.

Haven't been around much... not here, not there, just waaaay the heck up north and kicking around my Facebook when I get the chance. Just passing through Edmonton this morning on the way home after spending the past five weeks in Kugaaruk Nunavut. A report will come in time, as this work & play trip surely had all the ingredients of something tasty. To spend a month there this summer after being there six weeks over the winter creates an appreciation and deep experience of the Arctic life. Kugaaruk is the furthest community to reach in the Kitikmeot region and it's people are wonderfully friendly, with traditions still very woven into the fabric of daily life. So many are friendly to me... The photo going up on CBC Nunavut's page had many people in the community stopping by at work or on the street to ask questions. Other than some "elders," most from the town had never seen char like the one's I found, this is noted too in some of the comments on the CBC post. Homework really paid off but more so did pushing myself to find, figure out, and catch these fish. Had lost nearly 15 pounds during the month after putting in 210 work hours, 300 on-call hours and stealing whatever time was left to take 7 full days and 7 after work evenings to get out and fish. Coming home now I can't quite explain how the time in Kugaaruk has affected me. Will say, exhausted but rejuvenated, and so fortunate work and life choices allow for these types of opportunities. Lots of pics and details to come.

Thanks for posting Rick.

Haven't been around much... not here, not there, just waaaay the heck up north and kicking around my Facebook when I get the chance. Just passing through Edmonton this morning on the way home after spending the past five weeks in Kugaaruk Nunavut. A report will come in time, as this work & play trip surely had all the ingredients of something tasty. To spend a month there this summer after being there six weeks over the winter creates an appreciation and deep experience of the Arctic life. Kugaaruk is the furthest community to reach in the Kitikmeot region and it's people are wonderfully friendly, with traditions still very woven into the fabric of daily life. So many are friendly to me... The photo going up on CBC Nunavut's page had many people in the community stopping by at work or on the street to ask questions. Other than some "elders," most from the town had never seen char like the one's I found, this is noted too in some of the comments on the CBC post. Homework really paid off but more so did pushing myself to find, figure out, and catch these fish. Had lost nearly 15 pounds during the month after putting in 210 work hours, 300 on-call hours and stealing whatever time was left to take 7 full days and 7 after work evenings to get out and fish. Coming home now I can't quite explain how the time in Kugaaruk has affected me. Will say, exhausted but rejuvenated, and so fortunate work and life choices allow for these types of opportunities. Lots of pics and details to come.

Thanks for posting Rick.

Cannot wait for the stories bunk!

Sounds like an amazing trip and nobody tells a tale of adventure like you!

And brock, bang on buddy?

I saw this circling around Facebook a few days back with a lot of negative comments from people who don't fish/ don't know what they're talking about. What I'm happy to see from this post and the members of this forum is the love and appreciation not only for a species but for the people and community in that area. It sounds like a really cool experience, I too am looking forward to the pics and details.

There it is friends...... The coolest fish I've ever seen!

Bunk, you are a ROCK STAR!

Can't wait for the corresponding report!

Rick, thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I agree on the fish!

I really didnt want to post it but I had too! I figured if bunk had sent it to CBC hed be cool with it lol

This is his fish and his glory. I cannot wait to read the story!

And im sooooooo jealous!

Thanks for posting Rick.

I'm buying popcorn for this one, thanks Bunk, for sharing your travels.