If this is winter...

lew

Guys it was like this last year at this time, here in our area anyway. We had family come from BC, so their kids could have a white Christmas. Christmas day the kids (2 and 4 year old) were playing outside on my deck and they only needed sweaters on to keep warm. By mid (late?) January I was fishing cooks bay on 8 inches of ice.

Give it a bit more time and we'll get the freeze that we need for hard water fishing; I hope?

Dan.

Well regardless how the non winter wannabes feel about not having winter it already has implications on crops & animals as the fall winter wheat is dying as we speak and if we don't get the snowpack we will have low water next spring & summer as well as major lake evaporation and the MNR is saying this is only helping the invasive species take an ever stronger foothold as the warm temps will not kill what the cold shoulder s supposed to do !!!! The continuous fall rain had put lots more mold into the soil as well the list goes on and on !!! Some areas people are reporting trees are starting to re sprout with is not good as when the cold does come they will die ..... So it does have major downsides when we don't get the normal weather and are well into record setting warm temps !!!! Not to mention the industries and seasonal work that some people make their living of off unreal for sure

If you love this balmy weather you can thank me. I am installing a new complete HVAC system. If you don't love this weather blame me for the same reason. I cannot remember this warm of a fall, ever. The boys and I bought a run down shack in Salamanca NY for 10K USD close to the NY ski hills in 74. There were times we actually had running water, the lap of luxury I tell ya. I brought a date there one weekend she had to get a room in Ellicottville. There wasn't 1 year we had it in those 10 years we were not skiing Holiday Valley or Kissing Bridge by the middle of December. A few yrs.1st week of December on a foot at least of hard pack.

I love this weather, it is very similar to Atlanta where I have spent a few Christmases over the years, almost identical.

I just came in from the 16C heatwave right on the Erie Lakeshore. The Hostas and Day Lillie's are popping up 1/2inch. That can't be good. I can see algae blooms where there were non in September. That is really bad. If it freezes across overnight we will have much more algae this summer than the last 2. Too much sunlight. This is a repeat of 2012 but warmer. I never touched a shovel that winter. We were swamped in algae that summer.