David Price

gaspumper

Price contract is insane..31 mill a year and with a 5 pitcher rotation that gets him close (give or take a couple games) to 30 games a season. thats around a million a game..No human is worth that much..for anything..sickens me, tad jealous too

Shapiro just finished an interview with Brady and Walker on the radio. When asked specifically about the Price deal, said in no un-certain terms that they were no interested or in the running.

They asked him about his choice for GM and he kept talking about building a winner...things that stick out for me;

-correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Jays ALREADY A WINNER? Fine tuning maybe, but this team is head and shoulders above anything the Indians have done in the 20 years he was in charge.

This guy is going to destroy all the good will that last year's team generated.

HH

Exactly what Rogers wants. Someone that won't keep asking for money to keep a winning team on he field.

I say keep the seats empty if they slide in 2016. Fingers crossed that they can compete for at least the foreseeable future though. They have some quality parts.

They will be fine. Looking at advanced metrics, they were bound to start winning whether we traded for price or not at the deadline. Still have the same great offense and defense.

Metrics said that we were favoured to head to the WS. 2015 was a great season to be a Jays fan. Boston was no where to being competitive and NY just didn't have enough steam near the end. My $10 says that Boston and NY won't be sitting pretty come 2016 and with Boston picking up Price, that's what contenders do. Teams that try to penny pinch their way to the playoffs...well, we've experienced that for the past 22 years. Sure, Tampa has done it in the past, but this team ain't Tampa.

Not even making a genuine offer to Price is not convincing me that Rogers is committed to building a competitive team. Stroman, Bautista, Encarnacion, Donaldson, Tulo, Martin, Pillar, Goins, Revere...these guys are ready to win now...not in a couple of years when everyone else is getting older and Bautista & Encarnacion's contracts are up. What scares me a little more is how Rogers is going to handle the contracts of Bautista and Encarnacion. I'd hate to think it should they walk away from the Jays if the suits don't want to pony up and feel signing Colby Rasmus as a "better value player" to a contract.

So I found out through a source close to AA why he quit.

Before Shapiro got control of the team AA had all the negotiations and contract ready to be signed by price and they had agreed on terms. Which in AAs and the fans eyes they may have sold the farm to get him but at least he resigned. When Shapiro came in, he said no to Price. Price wanted to stay in Toronto.