Finally got my new f 150! Nf

Gallie

Can you get a Blizzak in a E load range 10 ply? My oldman just picked up a set of Winterforce LT's for his Duramax.

I don't know but I do know on my light truck they are amazing for traction...actually, any real snow tire is way better than all seasons.

Its the one thing I think we almost need a law for

Art, you'd think but some people still like to drop 50k on a truck and not spend $1000 on winter tires :)

People don't understand how big the difference is till they try them.

We had snow last week and my sons friend came over slipping with his truck...we jumped in mine to go to the store and even as a passenger he freaked at the difference

2013 F150 Lariat here with the 5.0 and I love it. It is the first Ford I have ever owned and we really enjoy it so far. Only about 17,000km though. I only use it in the summer when towing our travel trailer or for long trips. Not for daily commute to work.

I average about 12 L/100 km without the trailer, but that drops to 22-23L/100 km towing a 5,000+ lb. trailer.

I like the 2015 body style changes even more! Enjoy your new ride!

Hmmm, maybe 2" will be enough for me. I'd rather not do a diff drop off I can help it.

I'm 95% on road.... The stupid air dam is going to plow snow if I don't take it off though.

I have P255/75/17 stock tires. Been thinking of going to LT275/70/17 Bridgestone AT KO2's. I don't want to go any bigger because GM decided a 3.08 rear was a good idea. It's a 4x4 and I don't have the funds to change two diffs...

I put a 2" leveling kit on my 2012 Silverado and switched to Nitto Grappler tires. I hate the factory "nose drop" look on p/u's so it was a must. Looks great and so glad I did it. I also drive a lot of in town and highway as well as tow the Ranger. I didn't want the truck lifted on all four corners, just leveled.

Ford F-150: Buyers who go for the 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine on the 2015 version of Ford’s best-selling pickup get a special auto stop-start feature that’s a little different than others out there. Like other systems, this one automatically shuts off the engine as a fuel saver when the vehicle is stopped, but not when the vehicle is towing something or when it’s in four-wheel drive. Without that feature, the tech could prove frustrating for pickup drivers who are hauling something in the rear or are inching along stop-and-go on bumpy or muddy terrain. During all other driving situations, “The engine restarts in milliseconds when the brake is released,” Ford promises.

Cut and pasted.

Art

Mine has a lag.

When I come to almost a full stop and the go again, I hit the gas its dead for a secong then jumps.

They said there was nothing wrong, then I went to get snows on and complained again, so they said I had a streched timing chain and they kept it for 3 days and did $4k of work under warranty...now its no different.

I really dislike driving with that lag...quite annoying

PS as far a mileage, I go with the old adage...if you have horses, you gotta expect to have to feed em

Edited by Dara

I have a 2015 F150 with the 2.7 ecoboost and yes it does turn off when you come to a complete stop. I don't like the option personally but the good news is you can manually turn it off which I do every time I get in the truck, it can't be permanently turned it off.

Other than that I love the 2.7. I am getting close to 1000Km's on a tank of fuel and man it’s a rocket. I tow a 5000 lb boat and towing is not an issue plenty of power. It's leased so I am not that concerned with longevity/future issues, however I have heard from others who have the eco-boost's that they have had good experiences.

Every vehicle has it's issues.

Mine has a lag.

When I come to almost a full stop and the go again, I hit the gas its dead for a secong then jumps.

They said there was nothing wrong, then I went to get snows on and complained again, so they said I had a streched timing chain and they kept it for 3 days and did $4k of work under warranty...now its no different.

I really dislike driving with that lag...quite annoying

PS as far a mileage, I go with the old adage...if you have horses, you gotta expect to have to feed em

I'd say that dealer just wanted to score some warranty work....I have the v8, buddy has the eco boost and I know exactly what you're talking about...I was told by the ford tech that's how the v8 was tuned, and most aftermarket tuners will fix that

I think it could also be the traction control filtering the throttle input, I think I notice less of the lag with tc turned off, and I only notice the lag when I hammer my foot, if I ease into it but still more aggressive than normal there is no lag

I have the Coyote 5.0 now

My 2012 had the Ecoboost. I was not at all happy with the economy. Averaged 13.8 l/100km.

The power though was awesome!

Got the new 2015 w/5.0 and I'm much happier!

Economy is 11.0 on average, and the truck has more than enough power. If you want to play with the tranny, just switch to Sport mode! Now we are talking! Has the power, sounds like it, and is cheaper than the Ecoboost!

The 5.0 is no longer sold here in the states only the 3.7 or the 3.5 eco boost. I personal find the eco boost more than enough power and the torque curve is way better than any normally aspirated motor. I now own 2 eco boost 3.5s one is the truck and the other is the Transit van. Watch for the new Raptor The 2017 is powered by an all-new high-output 3.5L EcoBoost® engine. This new engine gives the 2017 Raptor more horsepower and torque than the previous 411-horsepower, 434-lb-ft 6.2L V8 in the Raptor.

The 2012 eco boost is 365 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque, besting Ford's 5.0-liter V8 (360 hp, 380 lb-ft) on both counts. But what really sets the EcoBoost apart is that all 420 lb-ft are available from just 2,500 rpm,

Looking at the numbers the potential of the eco boost tuned is going to be a force to be reconned with in the light bodied mustangs as well as the aluminum trucks.

Art

​This means better towing as well as acceleration when you want it.

nice truck hope it serves you well.

wouldnt be intrested in the ecoboosts either, to many issues with them, my dads f150 5.0 has over 200k on it and really hasnt had any issues other than the cost of the tires, brakes and usual front end issues, has the big fuel tank so regardless how good he thinks the mileage is it hurts to fill it. lol

newer tech shows as well, my hemi ram with the 545rfe trans averages 12.9-13.5l overall when not towing combined city hwy pretty good for 400 ponies the newer 8 sp equipped ones doing 11l average so imagine when the hemi gets updated it will get better mileage

i just put our old 2005 neon back on the road. Forgot what it was like to fill up fill up or 33 bucks. I'm trying to keep miles off the truck it's a 2011 with 160k on it. Hate driving the car but can't afford a new truck in the foreseen future and I don't think the neon will pull the 22 ft glass boat .

But if they actually put out a bronco I'm getting one.

Edited by Freshtrax

But what really sets the EcoBoost apart is that all 420 lb-ft are available from just 2,500 rpm,

or you could just get an ecodiesel ram and have 420 lb-ft @ 2000 rpms at the crank & get 28mpg on the hwy to boot. ;)

the other thing I've noticed in the two years of owning my diesel grand cherokee (mercedes motor not the vm motori in the ram) is how easier than a gasser this thing tows. By that I mean, loaded vs unloaded the difference in mpg is a lot smaller then in my v8 GC and, having peak torque right around hwy cruising rpms means no downshifts and power 'right there'.

i know the cost to fill with diesel is typically more expensive down south but for us here it's about equal to gas when you look at it over 12 months. personally, i'm sold on diesel power for trucks/hauling. stick that ecoboost in a mustang then we're talking.

but yes, the f150 is still a really nice truck.

Edited by Raf

or you could just get an ecodiesel ram and have 420 lb-ft @ 2000 rpms at the crank & get 28mpg on the hwy to boot. ;)

the other thing I've noticed in the two years of owning my diesel grand cherokee (mercedes motor not the vm motori in the ram) is how easier than a gasser this thing tows. By that I mean, loaded vs unloaded the difference in mpg is a lot smaller then in my v8 GC and, having peak torque right around hwy cruising rpms means no downshifts and power 'right there'.

i know the cost to fill with diesel is typically more expensive down south but for us here it's about equal to gas when you look at it over 12 months. personally, i'm sold on diesel power for trucks/hauling. stick that ecoboost in a mustang then we're talking.

but yes, the f150 is still a really nice truck.

I ran diesel for 10 years without any issues the mileage was around 22 mpg while the gas is only 16. The hit we take on the price of diesel is harsh some times as high as 60 cents a gallon. Either way you go boosting is the technology that I think is the answer to getting the most out of your fuel dollar. People still remember the days where turbos were brass bushing and poorly balanced things that blew up frequently. The turbos of today are just about bullet proof and I have found people are replacing transmissions before their turbos have any issue. The secret to any mechanical item is to keep it maintained, lubricated and heat is the enemy. It is not to say the 5.0 is not a nice motor it is in my mind only 2nd because of the fine job Ford did building and designing the eco boost. I have worked on 5.0 and the power and performance we used to unlock was awesome.

Art