New and improved gun registry? NO!

Gerritt

Sure,

That's exactly what they mean. I'm glad I got out of the black gun game entirely. I still have an AR lower that they can send to the smelter, but that's all that's left. Boltguns and pumps. That's all we'll be allowed by the time this government is done. I guess it's good I never really took to them, but I have some friends that will be pissed!

.22???

Yes, you can bump fire a .22 , it reads as though any semi might be in their sights, not just the "black rifles " as it will work with any semi. Maybe this is a good thing as even the " Fudds " will be up in arms if this is the case.

Steve, you dont need a boat to fish either.

Nothing wrong with responsible gun ownership, even if you dont hunt.

Comparing a boat to a gun is a loooooooong stretch.....I'll accept it. But wow, a stretch indeed.

You are not wrong, there isn't anything wrong with responsible gun ownership. The thing is, we have a government, who has been elected with a majority, that does not agree (and likely any future government that is going to try and get a majority will also not agree).

Unfortunately the skeet shooters of the world just don't have enough numbers to make a difference.

Regarding your question if it conveyed your point.

Not really.

In order for it to have conveyed your point, a boat would have to be able to inflict the same amount of damage and death as the gun you are comparing it to.

Yes, a boat can kill....which is why I said I'll accept the comparison, but the way a boat kills vs the way a gun kills, which is completely opposite, is why the comparison is barely valid.

In a real debate, your comparison would have had no merit. (but hey, this is a fishing board.....)

Edited by Steve

And majority, minority, whatever our government decides is a literal moot point.

Those RESPONSIBLE gun owners will not comply to new registration laws in great numbers, trust that.

Myself included. (Unless its somehow a remarkable law that is appeasing to all sides)

What the government decides is not a "moot point" for those who chose to follow the law. But for those who don't, or feel the law doesn't apply to them, then yes, it would be a moot point. Responsible humans understand they have to comply with law.

I know we don't all agree with all laws, but the idea of law is to follow it.

Are all laws followed - of course not....but to say what a government decides is "literally" a moot point....again, only for those who chose not to follow the law that governs the country they live in.

Regarding your question if it conveyed your point.

Not really.

In order for it to have conveyed your point, a boat would have to be able to inflict the same amount of damage and death as the gun you are comparing it to.

Yes, a boat can kill....which is why I said I'll accept the comparison, but the way a boat kills vs the way a gun kills, which is completely opposite, is why the comparison is barely valid.

In a real debate, your comparison would have had no merit. (but hey, this is a fishing board.....)

..have you ever owned ,fired or held a firearm