New and improved gun registry? NO!

Gerritt

Here is my opinion only and I respect that you may not agree with me but please see that all I want to do is reduce gun crime.

Ban hand guns and the sale and manufacturing of ammo for these guns all together. These things are were the majority of gun crimes are committed with so get ride of them all together unless you are law enforcement. If you can't get bullets then you can't fire a gun

For long guns, Register them and only allow the sale of the ammo for them that is for your gun. So no buying ammo that isn't the same caliber as the gun you have registered.

10 year prison term for firing a gun that is not registered to you or using a banned hand gun. ) 25 years if you use a gun in any violent crime wether it was fired or not.

I know it is a pain in the behind for all the regular, sane minded people that use guns for hunting. However this is really the only way I think you can prevent and eliminate most gun related crime.

As for the vote. I dislike politics as its all about greasing your friends who gave your party money. Political parties are the biggest crooks in this country. We need politicians with some ----- that do not have a hiding agenda and a whole bunch of paybacks to there money supporters. We need someone to run this country that will do whats best for Canada in the long run. The way it is now is all about how to get elected 4 years from now and not what is best in the countries interest 20, 50, 100 years from now.

Cheers!

Here is my opinion only and I respect that you may not agree with me but please see that all I want to do is reduce gun crime.

Ban hand guns and the sale and manufacturing of ammo for these guns all together. These things are were the majority of gun crimes are committed with so get ride of them all together unless you are law enforcement. If you can't get bullets then you can't fire a gun

For long guns, Register them and only allow the sale of the ammo for them that is for your gun. So no buying ammo that isn't the same caliber as the gun you have registered.

10 year prison term for firing a gun that is not registered to you or using a banned hand gun. ) 25 years if you use a gun in any violent crime wether it was fired or not.

I know it is a pain in the behind for all the regular, sane minded people that use guns for hunting. However this is really the only way I think you can prevent and eliminate most gun related crime.

As for the vote. I dislike politics as its all about greasing your friends who gave your party money. Political parties are the biggest crooks in this country. We need politicians with some ----- that do not have a hiding agenda and a whole bunch of paybacks to there money supporters. We need someone to run this country that will do whats best for Canada in the long run. The way it is now is all about how to get elected 4 years from now and not what is best in the countries interest 20, 50, 100 years from now.

Cheers!

No thanks pal!

Cheers!

I sincerely hope nothing even close to this EVER happens in Canada!!!!

Cheers!

Im a strong advocate for gun rights.

I dont agree with registry at all.

Even in the case of police being informed ahead of time that you are a gun owner if there is a crime in progress at your home. They should be ready regardless(and im my experience they are)

Everyone has the right to bare arms IMO (with a few excemptions/violent criminals/mental issues)

Id even like to see concealed carry(but that will never happen in Canada)

You can put all the bans you want in place and it won't stop anything. The illegal guns and amunition would still flow across the border and into the hands of criminals.Our justice system is in need of a major overhaul as the jail time for the offenders of these crimes is a complete joke.

Cheers!

I agree 100%, what I would really like to see is a "castle law". Because now it seems if you had to defend your family from a home invasion and you discharge a firearm it's going to get expensive in lawyers fees

Im a strong advocate for gun rights.

I dont agree with registry at all.

Even in the case of police being informed ahead of time that you are a gun owner if there is a crime in progress at your home. They should be ready regardless(and im my experience they are)

Everyone has the right to bare arms IMO (with a few excemptions/violent criminals/mental issues)

Id even like to see concealed carry(but that will never happen in Canada)

Just ban guns in the GTA...check them in at a station as you enter the city and check them out as you leave to go hunting.

No other reason for anybody to own a gun

Actually, it should be illegal for anybody in the GTA to ever be allowed to hunt...they have lots of grocery stores so there is no need.

Please understand...I don't mean a word of this...sorta :whistling:

I agree 100%, what I would really like to see is a "castle law". Because now it seems if you had to defend your family from a home invasion and you discharge a firearm it's going to get expensive in lawyers fees

This we definetly need....I should be able to bust somebodys head for breaking into my house

The only way to keep guns off the street is to bust the heads of the CRIMINALS using them in crime.

Attacking law abiding gun owners is totally useless.

The guys using any gun for crime need to be used as an example, not slapped on the wrist.

S.

Here is my opinion only, and I respect that you may not agree with me, but please see that all I want to do is reduce knife crime.

Ban butcher knives and the sale and manufacturing of whetstones for these knives altogether. These things are what the majority of knife crimes are committed with, so get rid of them altogether - unless you are a butcher. If you can't get whetstones, then you can't sharpen a knife.

For pocket knives, steak knives, santokus, gyutos, nakiris, and all other knives, register them and only allow the sale of the low-quality sharpeners that don't make the blades very sharp.

10-year prison term for cutting with a knife that is not registered to you, or using a banned knife. 25 years if you use a knife in any violent crime whether anything was cut or not.

I know it is a pain in the behind for all the regular, sane-minded people that use knives for cooking or whittling or just cutting things in general. However, this is really the only way I think you can prevent and eliminate most knife-related crime.

Cheers!

Edited by Dana

Id love to see a castle law!

But police/justice system seems weird on this stand.

Years ago I had a break in called 911 and we have really long wait times for police around here. After off the phone with 911 the police called and i was informed "i could remove the intruder from my house and property by any means necessary. Dont kill them unless you feel you have to"

Well the intruder was drunk and i couldnt see a weapon but I had 5 kids in the house and said person was trying to grab my daughter.

I opted baseball bat instead of shotgun in that situation.

Well i also powerbombed him off my deck and restrained him no so comfortably for 30 minutes till the police arrived.

Upon arrival the police said I made a good call but did have the right to shoot if I chose. He said especially since the intruder touched my daughter i had every right to fire.

Anyhow, its kinda weird and seems to go almost on the judgement of the officer(s).

Im not even sure what the EXACT laws are for protecting your house and property???

Manitou, you're going to get 1 story from the cop and another from the judge on that one....be very very carefull

Well thats why I asked, and when the police called their being recorded by 911 dispatch.

But yes, I was indeed scared for our safety first, and the legal ramnifications.

I tried to cover my bases in a panicked moment.

Oh and if you have a "non threatening breakin" lol, the intruder is deemed hostile the second he lays hands on anyone in the household.

Also I think it was fishnautographs(a police officer on this board)

Had said the same thing(but it might not have been him, cant remember?)

Went through my pm's, yes it was fishnautographs.

He also said he would of handled it the same way.

I was not subpeonad because he probably got a plea deal.

If the guy has a knife or gun, yes you can shoot, trying to burn down your house, yes you can shoot. Stealing your car, no dont shoot.

Also he added, if the sespect flees let him go, but if you can you have the right to detain him until police arrive.

Then some very wise words.

If you pull a firearm, are you prepared to take a life?

Thats a great statement right there.

I for one would not wanna take another persons life

Edited by manitoubass2

OK thanks, I hadn't paid much attention. So I guess all my vote will do is show opposition to the big parties, then?

I'd draw a penis, but I'd honestly rather not see Harper get another term.

Voting Green will not help Harper any more than spoiling your ballot. If enough people vote Green it will send a message to the major parties that many Canadians do care for the environment.

Years ago I had a break in called 911 and we have really long wait times for police around here. After off the phone with 911 the police called and i was informed "i could remove the intruder from my house and property by any means necessary. Dont kill them unless you feel you have to"

Well the intruder was drunk and i couldnt see a weapon but I had 5 kids in the house and said person was trying to grab my daughter.

Well i also powerbombed him off my deck and restrained him no so comfortably for 30 minutes till the police arrived.

Upon arrival the police said I made a good call but did have the right to shoot if I chose. He said especially since the intruder touched my daughter i had every right to fire.

Anyhow, its kinda weird and seems to go almost on the judgement of the officer(s).

Im not even sure what the EXACT laws are for protecting your house and property???

Yes, shooting an intruder is fine.

The only real issue is all the clean up after!!!! :whistling:

The only way to keep guns off the street is to bust the heads of the CRIMINALS using them in crime.

Attacking law abiding gun owners is totally useless.

The guys using any gun for crime need to be used as an example, not slapped on the wrist.

S.

What are you stupid? Making a criminal responsible for their actions? We are asked not to judge all muslims by the actions of a few but we are asked to judge all gun owners by the actions of a few! Logic in this country is a very rare thing! It totally escapes me! (oh and just to clarify, I happen to know you are not stupid)! (Also, I hapen to have friends that are Muslim) so don't even play that card with me!

Edited by Big Cliff

Protecting my house and property is one thing, touch my daughter and they would never found his body!