Look, it's Twins

Spiel

....Well as most of you may recall we had a announcement back in February titled A Summer to Remember to which we would make this summer a special one for Speedtroll's (Rob) son Chris.

I promised to build a rod for Chris and I have but I also built one for his daughter Nicole as I felt she was also deserving of having something special to share in the joy while on those family fishing trips. Now I was prepared to do this on my own accord but as it turns out my good friend Lorne Greene owner of Loomis Canada donated me the materials for Chris' rod and our very own board member Skiel offered and sent me a cheque covering the material costs for the second rod. A tip of my hat and my sincerest thanks to these two gentlemen for the extreme generousity. So for me it was just finding time to assemble them and I finally have them both completed.

In fact Rob was hoping to come by today with his kids to receive the rods but unfortunately it'll have to wait for another day.

So here's a few pictures of the rods Chris and Nicole will be using this summer. They are identical with the exception of color, graphite grey for Chris and candy apple red for Nicole and signed with ther respective names. The rods are Frontier 6.5ft rated for 8-15lb test line and should do well for walleye, bass and pike or anything else they may encounter short of musky and salmon. :whistling:

gallery_9_87_102401.jpg

gallery_9_87_54579.jpg

gallery_9_87_4033.jpg

Just finished reading "A Summer to Remember", thank you for adding it to your post. Very nice rods for both children. Are there any updates on little Chris? I would like to send him a lure or two or three...is there an address available or post office box that I could send him these? Thanks

I'm at a loss for words here Chris, what can I say that hasn't already been said.

Those are fantastic looking rods, you are one fine craftsman.

I know they will enjoy having their own personalize rods,

Thanks to Lorne and Skiel for their generosity

Thanks again Chris

Also a big thank you to Skiel and Lorne. :thumbsup_anim:

Chris, if Lorne is not a board member, please pass a hearty thank you along for us.

You guys never cease to amaze me. :worthy:

The kids are going love them, but I don't think they will undersatand and appriciate the effort that went into them like I do.

Great looking rods. I don't know what else to say.

Speed

Thanks to Skiel and Lorne for the material. Very nice work as usual Chris I will be suprised if you have any fingertips left after all of the charity rods you have built the past few years.

Art

Chris,

Your talent is amazing... and generousity even more so ...

What a wonderful gift!

Cheers to Skiel and Lorne as well...

These reports are what make this community an amazing place!

Jen

Thanks really go to Chris as it was his talent and dedication to the art of fishing pole building. He certianly does a fantastic job as I now have 2 of them in our house, They are great Blanks that Chris puts together extremely well. Much thanks to Lorne for his involvement. We should also put out a thanks to Rick for starting the thread to clue us in that we all an chance to help out. Just glad to be here on the sidelines and helping out as needed. Thanks go to TJ as well.

Rob, Chris and Nichole have a good time this summer and I hope to see a post with some smiles!

- Steven