2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

Took the words out of my mouth Ark. Babcock knew it will be 3 years minimum, probably more like 5 and that these first 2 years would be the dark ages. That being said, if you can build a good culture of never giving up now, the young guys will have a standard to live up to when they get to the Pros. THAT is what has been the problem the last 10 years, and why guys like Kadri, Schenn and the like have only been sub-par.

Anyone know how the laffs are doing?

Reminds me of a good joke.

What goes 1-7-2 Thud?

The laffs hitting rock bottom!

:clapping::whistling:

Yep!!!

Things are going perfectly!!!

Lot better chance @ the #1 draft pick finishing in the basement.

Don't expect to see a lot of improvement for at least a couple of years.

By that time the Sens if they're lucky will be able to say "well we gave it a good go but lost in the 1st round again". :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

lol to people thinking babcock is shook...he took the job knowing this exactly what was going to happen...why do you think they sent all of their best players down to the AHL...everything is going perfectly according to plan.

There's only one cup and its sure as hell not going to a team from Ontario. Let the race to the bottom continue. Pesky Bluejackets.

once we get through "breakdown" mode, then we'll get to rebuilding time.

i'd say this year (and likely next year) will be breakdown mode.

likely it'll be the 2017-2018 season where we start truly rebuilding.

I'd say by 2018-2019 we'll see the playoffs....

and by 2019-2020 we'll see a true Cup run....

If the Leaf's only knew that telling their fan base that they would be sucking for some time to come years ago, I be they would have had banners displayed everywhere!

Interesting how the fan base is allowing them to suck and no jerseys on the ice and no waffles being thrown.

HH

If the Leaf's only knew that telling their fan base that they would be sucking for some time to come years ago, I be they would have had banners displayed everywhere!

Interesting how the fan base is allowing them to suck and no jerseys on the ice and no waffles being thrown.

HH

Its because they're attempting a rebuild correctly and going about it with transparency, how can you be mad at someone when they say hey this is what it will take for us to get the prospect pool we need to put us in contention, I would much rather see that, then finishing in 9th with a later draft pick

Its because they're attempting a rebuild correctly and going about it with transparency, how can you be mad at someone when they say hey this is what it will take for us to get the prospect pool we need to put us in contention, I would much rather see that, then finishing in 9th with a later draft pick

Oh, I get that, but I'm pretty sure that they haven't lowered the ticket prices to reflect the lower salaries being paid to the players... oh, never mind, the plethora of suits being paid big money ate up that "extra" dough...

I've seen my share of "rebuilds" over the years and maybe, they will get it right this time. History suggests it's unlikely though.

I bet the folks at Bell are drooling over the tv numbers the Jays drew and I get that the Jays are a national team, but the Leafs draw well across the country and should they ever get to the playoffs and deep into them, the numbers would be huge. With that said, I have to wonder how long Bell is going to sit around and wait for the current regime to show some consistent winning. The two headed monster they have for ownership could start eating each other in a fight for tv ratings.

HH

So Patrick Kane seems to be in the clear!

Although I did read the chick could potentially file a civil suit for stress etc (which she would more than likely lose because she was the one who came forth with the allegations)

Edited by Lucas F