2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

So Patrick Kane seems to be in the clear!

Although I did read the chick could potentially file a civil suit for stress etc (which she would more than likely lose because she was the one who came forth with the allegations)

He should sue her for defamation of character and undue stress as well as anything else his lawyers can come up with.

With the info that has come out it's pretty clear this chick was just looking for a pay day.

The best piece of info was that the sexual assault kit showed 2 different male donors and neither was Kane!!!! :blink:

Yup, I find it ridiculous the way he was painted in the press, it was guilty before proven innocent the way the media portrayed it, and how stupid do all the fans that chanted at him "she said no" and "no means no"

Also for anyone that wants to read into my comments and say he might still be guilty they just can't prove it... Exactly, no one but him and her will actually know 100% what happened that night, but with the DNA evidence its very strongly suggesting nothing happened

Edited by Lucas F

He should sue her for defamation of character and undue stress as well as anything else his lawyers can come up with.

With the info that has come out it's pretty clear this chick was just looking for a pay day.

The best piece of info was that the sexual assault kit showed 2 different male donors and neither was Kane!!!! :blink:

When this first come up, I said if she was "looking for a payday" she should be in jail. Thats unreal to falsely accuse someone of rape!

How do you NOT go to jail for that!

I know its really early guys, but have you seen the standings and where Edmonton is. If things stay the same it gets me a little nervous on what could happen.

They added a rule, you can't pick 1st overall 2 years in a row if I'm not mistaken (read it on a fb NHL group) so I don't know how reliable that is haha

Edit: just tried looking it up but couldn't find anything

Edited by Lucas F

Yup, I find it ridiculous the way he was painted in the press, it was guilty before proven innocent the way the media portrayed it, and how stupid do all the fans that chanted at him "she said no" and "no means no"

Also for anyone that wants to read into my comments and say he might still be guilty they just can't prove it... Exactly, no one but him and her will actually know 100% what happened that night, but with the DNA evidence its very strongly suggesting nothing happened

I would suggest Mr.Kane might want stop putting himself in precarious situations....

I would suggest Mr.Kane might want stop putting himself in precarious situations....

Can't disagree with that but going to a bar isn't necessarily a precarious situation until this happens, how many times do you think he went to the bar prior to that night in that offseason alone? Probably a lot more than just then

Can't disagree with that but going to a bar isn't necessarily a precarious situation until this happens, how many times do you think he went to the bar prior to that night in that offseason alone? Probably a lot more than just then

I think you made my point for me....pro athlete...multi millionaire...getting drunk...picking up women at the local watering hole...I don`t see anything good coming out of that!!!!

I think you made my point for me....pro athlete...multi millionaire...getting drunk...picking up women at the local watering hole...I don`t see anything good coming out of that!!!!

Yup, Mr.Kane learned a hard lesson me thinks (Or maybe he didn't, who knows)

Really charged and JAILED....no trial :rofl2:....Mr.Kane was pretty tip lipped all the way along and his team did not want this to go to trial so they got what they wanted....we will probably never know the whole story now!!!

Well obviously a due process of course.

But thats gnarly to make this crap up and not be held accountable for your actions.

It was the accuser, after all, that didnt want to pursue this any further(why is that?)

Unless mr kane is mafioso lol

I know its really early guys, but have you seen the standings and where Edmonton is. If things stay the same it gets me a little nervous on what could happen.

This team should be competing for the Cup. They don't deserve to add any more first overalls into that losing environment.

Fun team to watch! They never seem to quit. I liked the shot of the bench last night between the end of the 3 on 3 and the shoot-out. Lots of smiles and good chemistry! I think they've finally found a coach that knows how to manage the individuals on this team.