2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

Don't really care if they make the playoffs but it sure is nice watching a team that plays a system. You can actually see guys that know what their doing and depend on each other. Nice to see Bernier returning to form. I never like watching a goalie losing his confidence.

BTW. Who ever commented late last year that the start of the long decline began with the loss of Kormarov was dead on! I never realized what a good all-around hockey player he is. Babcock has certainly recognized it and someone on this thread did as well. Bill M I'm thinking???

BTW. Who ever commented late last year that the start of the long decline began with the loss of Kormarov was dead on! I never realized what a good all-around hockey player he is. Babcock has certainly recognized it and someone on this thread did as well. Bill M I'm thinking???

I was so happy when they got him back. My fav part of TradeCentre last summer for sure! lol!!!

Edited by BillM

Agreed.

I have never owned a jersey since Gretzky on the Oilers with a name on the back.

When Komarov did his first stint on the Leafs I bought a jersey and had his name put on the back....

then he left to go to the KHL. (teaches me to put a name on a jersey, lol).

was very glad when he came back.

Sorry Steve. I'm thinking you should have got the nod as well. :dunno: I underestimated the guys hockey sense as well. He certainly knows where to play in his own end and I like the way he takes the body. Playoffs or no playoffs .... you know he'll finish his check.

Why would he,one of the best top 3,who said he should be traded ???? lol.

You have to give something up to get something. They can probably get a better return by trading him than they get for a weaker player.

A lot depends on his contract too. If he becomes a UFA after the season then trading him now for someone who can help the team in two or three years may make sense.

A lot depends on his contract too. If he becomes a UFA after the season then trading him now for someone who can help the team in two or three years may make sense.

Leo is still locked up for 2 more years (at an incredible $2.95m / year).

UFA in the 2018-2019 season.

Leo will not be traded. Not even for a 1st round draft pick at trade deadline. The only teams that would want him (that would pay for him) would be teams making a run for the cup. If a team makes a run for the cup, that means they'll have a high draft pick. Trading Leo isn't even worth a 1st round pick above 18 or so....

Leo will be around for the length of his contract...and by that point, he will be revered like Gilmour or Clark was (not saying as good, just as revered) ... and he will be offered a long term contract to end his career with.

Well now, just when you think you have it all figured out, these headlines pop up:

• Canada misses medal round at WJHC
  • the Leafs are above .500 & 8-2-2 in their last 12
  • Bernier gives up only 1 goal in the last 7 periods, Babcock says Reimer's back in ASAP
  • John Scott is team Captain at the All-Star game, Crosby misses the show

It's a crazy hockey world we live in.....

Edited by G.mech

Boy the Leafs sure can frustrate a team with that defensive style of play. I thought Anaheim was going to blow a gasket last night! Bernier is returning to form and it's nice to see. My son was a goalie and I feel for them when they lose their confidence. It's such a challenging position mentally.