Once in a lifetime walleye experience tonight...

So I went night fishing after work tonight as the night bite has been amazing so far this season... We are catching plenty of fish and the night is going good... Then I get a bite and the fish is coming in easily... Them I feel a hard thump and everything got heavier... Now on the st lawrence river first thought is "a musky got my walleye".... But after a few seconds passed it didn't feel like a musky... Then I see something surface and I said "I musta hooked a walleye in the side" cause it looked like my lure was hanging off the side of the walleye... As it got closer I realized that the thump I felt moments into the fight was actually a second walleye hitting my lure... That's right I got a double header on a 2 hook crankbait and successfully landed them both... I've never seen that and I doubt I ever will again... This is a catch I'll never forget...

image_5.jpg

Edited by Mike Rousseau

Nice , my surprise double-header was a bit different I was reeling it in and when it got close to the boat I put the net in the water and as I was guiding the 1 1/2 lbs walleye into the net all I saw was this huge pike jump out of the water and straight into the net with the walleye. It was an 8lbs pike. scared the crap out of me. I am sure glad I didn't try to grab the walleye with my hand or it would have been a trip to teh emergency!!

That's cool! I got two eyes on a worm harness one time, but one of them was only about 10" long.....the second one must have tried to get the little guy, and got hooked on the back hook. It was a nice one....landed them both. Pretty cool!

S.

Thanks everyone...

Now I get to chirp up my buddies a bit cause they've got all the biggest walleye this year... They were chirpin me up then I did this... They shut up pretty quick and I got lippy... Lmao

Edited by Mike Rousseau