Playing around in the Shallows of Lake Ontario

Steve

As the Kings slowly (and I mean slooooowly) trickle in, the crowds are building much quicker than the volume of fish is.

I took the day off work, dropped the wife off at work for 8am, then headed down to Jordan. Launched by 8:45 am and by noon I hadn't moved a rod, next to three coho that were the size of the bomber long A I was pulling. At noon I had to make a decision, continue to work the water with the 50 other boats, maybe for one or two fish, or pull the boat and move to a different port.

Heading back home I veered off the QEW and launched. With only four trailers in the lot, I knew the lake would be quieter. No idea what the water colour would be like, but it had to better than the ole skunk I had out of Jordan.

Went out of port and found slightly colder (46 degrees instead of 49 degrees at Jordan), and little colour. I headed in tight, set up a long line pulling a ripplin redfin, and a inline pulling a bomber long A.

Spent the next 6 hours having a blast, fishing solo, and pounding on browns and lakers. Using light bass tackle, fishing shallow water, is my favourite thing to do on Lake Ontario. Best part was, it was the middle of the afternoon. Sun was shining. Lake was flat. What a way to enjoy a beautiful spring day.

btULrxj5.jpg

sc1WhZc1.jpg

heac7Dg3.jpg

Couple true double headers.

NuQd1Sl1.jpg

kAN0SuDN.jpg

Last fish of the afternoon. Snaky Laker.

K7wQ01WH.jpg

T Shirts and Sandals in April. Woohoo!!

Edited by Steve

it was a great time out there...

with the winds screwing everything up today, not sure how much longer they will stay in the shallows....

but they sure are fun when they are in tight.

You'd be surprised how late ( mid June ) I've caught Browns shore casting , off shore winds help.

Great looking day on the water and nice fish

ive wanted to fish those shallows of jordan for a while, my girlfriends parents have a place 10 minutes from there. It was torture eating lunch at the lake house watching folks troll through there.

Cast. You'd be surprised at what you can get into.

Edited by BillM

Cast. You'd be surprised at what you can get into.

After that north wind yesterday it's looks like double double for the first 1/2 mile out and reg for the next half mile, be a while before it clears.

Couple of years ago , Miller, on this board, caught a brown that looked like 20 + from the pier here, if you look back you should be able to find it. Best I've seen taken off the pier and I've lived almost next door 30 years.