Best winter boots in 100$ range

Freshtrax

If you can find them here the White Bunny Boots from Bata are the warmest boots I have ever worn.

They are a little heavy but I don't think you'll find a warmer boot.

These are the Arctic boots the US military use.

4b9e7025_vbattach197433.jpg

2013_01_11_0798_edited-1.jpg

Keeps my tootsies toasty @ -30 while sitting in my hut ice fishing. :)

I got mine for about $50 US while I was in the states.

Lots to be found on Amazon.com and ebay though.

What's really nice about them is if they get wet inside you just wipe them out with a rag. There is no felt to get soaked or dry out between uses as it's sandwiched between the outer and inner layers of rubber.

My buddy who came to visit from BC in 2010 wore his bare foot in -20 temps and was comfortable.

I wear a poly liner and a wool sock and have been toasty at -45.

Asking "what are the best boots in the $100 range" is as broad of a question as asking "what lure works best in the $10 range". There are far too many variables to consider.

Will you be doing a lot of walking or sitting in one place? Weight is a huge factor while walking so boots for this will be lighter and provide less insulation as you'll be moving more while boots designed for sitting in one spot tend to be heavier as the lower activity level requires greater insulation.

Will you be using them in just the snow or might you encounter mud as well? The rubber boot style are better for mud and water as they're easier to clean and will always be 100% waterproof where as the typical winter pack boot style is best suited for mainly snow use and can develop leaks at the seams over time.

Are you typically rough on your footwear or do you tend to take it easy? There are many different types of materials out there with some providing increased flexibility and lower durability while others are less flexible but will last forever.

Your boots are likely the most important part of the puzzle when staying warm AND comfortable. Do yourself a favor and buy quality boots that best suit your individual needs.

Another vote for the Baffin Titians. This will be my forth season with them and there is no wear or cracking. Best winter boot I have owned. No worries of getting wet feet. I wear a pair of light wool socks and thats it. Dosent matter if Im out side fishing or in the hub.My feet are toasty warm.

One piece of advise. Dont wear them while driving to your fishing spot. Your feet will sweat.

I seen them at Cabelas for $109.

I bought a pair of Baffin Titans after reading a similar thread to this last year. Mine leaked by the end of the first season. I was bummed, probably should've tried returning them. Out of the box they were great though, very warm but also LARGE. Go a size bigger than you would normally wear.

The Kamiks I just bought sure are toasty but those white Bata US military are the best I have ever borrowed when my feet nearly froze in my $150.00 Sorrels ice fishing.

Can't find them around Hamilton. Bata shoes had a Hamilton factory in the 80's I think, now I can't find any, any leads folks? I would love a pair.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I wear my firefighting boots most the time lol

a pair of good socks and move around abit if needed

i carry those heater pack things in my lowrance case but I dont recall using them for my feet. they work well on my hands though:)

im pretty active on the ice though so I dont get cold often. I wear a monkey suit or my helly hanson gear and im usually in a sweatshirt right away, even in -30

Edited by manitoubass2