Thanks for nothing Abu Garcia

PBenson

I Can't beleive you guys caught that musky there!! Never would have thought to fish for skis there, you could def do it from shore. Btw, that sucks that the reel came apart like that. I would contact Abu, you never know, they may send you a new reel. A Calcutta is the cadillac of musky reels, you will never regret buying it. My TE followed by my Abu Record and then my Curado 300 in that order are my fave reels.

Had the same thing happen to me years ago, on a 6500 ABU, the two spot welds broke, had the foot not spot welded, but welded back to the frame, have to remove all parts that dont take heat, ie washers, plastic etc, but it had weld marks on it, and cosmetically looked like crap, but never failed again, Now its TEs, and Tecota's no looking back, but still use Revo Toro's though

Didn't have a net? Pretty rough handling of a catch and release fish.

I know, we did have a net but it was just chaos once the reel broke to land the fish. If you look at any of my other videos we always use a net and unhook the fish in the water. Just a crazy situation. We normally use the Frabill Big Kahuna.