Just a rant (nf)

Joey

Is it me or is it getting harder and harder to log into anything anymore. I mean you need at least 15 passwords, some more than 8 to 10 letters and numbers combined with an underscore or a symbol. Jeez. I just woke up in the middle of the night for some reason and it took me 10 minutes to log on to my computer because I have to have capital this and underscore that and at least one letter and 10 numbers and a symbol and 8 consenants!!!! I guess I'm just getting old and cranky :)

Good morning and I'm going back to bed:)

Edited by Joey

Trying to set a password

WINDOWS: Please enter your new password.

USER: cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters.

USER: boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain 1 numerical character.

USER: 1 boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces.

USER: 50bloodyboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character.

USER: 50BLOODYboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.

USER: 50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDon'tGiveMeAccessNow!

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation.

USER: ReallyPissedOff50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDontGiveMeAccessNow

WINDOWS: Sorry, that password is already in use.

I had my modem (bell) go on the fritz, called for help. The fine person on the other end tells me to look behind the modem and copy down the number. It's 5 pt type and 39 numbers.

he directs me to a site and asks me to enter the figures. he then tells me this is your NEW password!

Bad words were exchanged and then he took my advice. :)

oh ya, I've got a 'password' keeper on my old phone that was quite handy, until that phone failed and had to be replaced.

Company just gave me an iPhone and everyone talks about the Apps...the APPS! Well, they want my home address, birthday, mothers maiden name etc etc...ya right. Screw you apple you don't need that info I refuse to play.

I hear ya. Drives me nuts, especially the temp pass words when I forgot mine before I use a skill to my advantage. I have a talent, or curse, that I can remember numbers, from grade school, like my first combination lock, all my family and friends telephone numbers from as early as I could pick up a phone. Heck I know my ex wifes drivers license and SIN. I use all those useless phone numbers long disconnected as passwords.

If anyone knows my Noni's # in NY from 1954, go ahead use it to unlock my PC.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Being in the IT industry for the last 20 years, I'm lucky I just remember all of mine, although there is a method to my madness.

Work password are a certain type, personal another. Then I've got a few randoms I'll use here and there.

Edited by BillM

Being in the IT industry for the last 20 years, I'm lucky I just remember all of mine, although there is a method to my madness.

Work password are a certain type, personal another. Then I've got a few randoms I'll use here and there.

Work password: wanttogofishing

Personal: i'mnotty

Random: solowentwithoutme

During a recent password audit, it was found that a blonde was using the following password: "MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofySacramento"

When asked why such a long password, she said she was told that it had to be at least 8 characters long and include at least one capital.

Lol

My problem is PIN numbers

Everything has PIN numbers

I have 6 for work and 4 for personal

I remember them all but can't seem to remember which are for which device or card. And after 3 strikes youre locked out.

And qwert is not allowed. Some will know what that means. But they make us change every 3 months anyways TREWQ not allowed too. For a while walleye then walleye1 walleye2. At walleye10 it made me change the whole word. Muskie was too small. I said that's ok I was going to release it anyways. IT. did not get the joke

Oh ya, well I still remember "crank phone", "Betty would you ring Harry for me please"/ "Sure Cliff but Harry is over at Jim's, I'll ring him there for you". God honest truth!!!!! (and the kids today think social media is a new thing LOL.

Or two rings was us, three rings was the Petersons, 1 ring was the Dobsons...... We didn't need Facebook or Twitter, whe had the party line!

We had a party line at the cottage too, 1 ring was not for us, two rings was us, and 3 rings was for someone else. :) The good old days. We also got our water from the well up there!!!! A big cement well and we had to pump it out into a bucket for drinking or doing the dishes (after heating it on the stove or in the fireplace of course) :)

We also heated rocks on the fire and put them at the bottom of the bed to keep us warm at night, anyone remember that?

That still works!!! ;)

I have the new version in my tent trailer in Alaska.

Heated mattresses!!!! :good::good:

Just turn on the generator and thermostats 1/2 before bed and it's toasty warm. B)