285,000 new immigrants in 2015

Big Cliff

Some immigrants come for the education system

I taught a kid from Egypt.

The parents came here so they're kids could get educated.

Mom worked at Tim Horton's. Dad worked at a Petro Canada. They lived in a large 3000 square ft house in Oakville.

They rented out half the house and lived in the other half.

The kid I taught became a cabinetmaker. The brother went into Sciences and became a DR.

His parents still have they're house in Alexandria and will go back to live there as soon as the DR son finishes his studies.

I think that the main reason this thread has remained civil is because the OP is Big Cliff, he is one of the most generous and caring persons I have ever come across. His reputation of being so has preceded him. I dare anyone to start name calling him. He has an opinion that we might not all agree with but because of who he is and what he does for strangers we respect the man and therefor his opinion.

I think that the main reason this thread has remained civil is because the OP is Big Cliff, he is one of the most generous and caring persons I have ever come across. His reputation of being so has preceded him. I dare anyone to start name calling him. He has an opinion that we might not all agree with but because of who he is and what he does for strangers we respect the man and therefor his opinion.

x2 Old Ironmaker!!!

Roy, I don't have a PROBLEM with immigration! My problem is in understanding how we as a country are going to be able to continue being one of the best places to live if we continue to bring in more people than we can support!

As Spincast put it: Maybe instead of having a doctor drive us to the hospital in taxi cab to wait for 5, 10 hours or several days, he or she could treat us upon arrival?

Even between provinces many accreditations are not recognized never mind foreign countries. Some of these countries have better education than we do!

Our health care system is considered one of the best but how much longer will that be the case if we bring in more people than our economy can support? We are currently ranked 24 out of 34 countries for the highest tax rates (not the right end of the scale to be at). How much more can we give before we have nothing left to give?

I have been working since I was 15 years old, I am 68. For 53 years I have contributed and paid my taxes but today my combined pensions are under $1000.00 a month, a new immigrant coming to Canada gets more than I do, why?

OMYGOSH i totally agree i im the son of a direct immigrant but that was 50 yrs ago the government needs to get their prioritys straight i have nothing against immigrants just agree with clliff the need to put a cap like maybe 50,000 per year but also they have people in the government taking shortcuts for immigrants letting them in like a swarm!!!

OMYGOSH i totally agree i im the son of a direct immigrant but that was 50 yrs ago the government needs to get their prioritys straight i have nothing against immigrants just agree with clliff the need to put a cap like maybe 50,000 per year but also they have people in the government taking shortcuts for immigrants letting them in like a swarm!!!

Come now....like a swarm? Here you go.... http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2222361-10-myths-about-immigration/

We have all failed our Country.

To maintain a population every couple need to have 2.85 children and to grow a population you need to have 4+ children.

So the only way to grow our population is immigration, and younger people are the only ones that immigrate .

Older established people with money in there country's don't immigrate.

So how many people can this planet sustain?

What will everybody eat, each other?

So how many people can this planet sustain?

What will everybody eat, each other?

That means we solve the world's overpopulation problem through curbing immigration into Canada? :huh: How do you figure that if the world's population increases by 81 million a year and we let in 250,000 immigrants a year?

I certainly have no answers and learned a lot reading this thread. But here's my contribution/observation: time and time again, my Canadian brothers and sisters show the capacity to discuss a social issue civility and respect and manners. I can't tell you how many times here in the states a similar thread will IMMEDIATELY mutate into name calling, idiocy, and f-bombs.

Tip of the cap to you my friends!

I am glad we have all had our time to say but as the poster has asked this thread can go to sleep now. Thank you for the mature way it was handled and hopefully we all can view this topic with the knowledge we have all shared.

Art