Sons PB musky

Sinker

FINALLY got my son hooked into a good musky. Its taken what seems like forever, but last night it finally happened. It was a nasty, windy, rough evening on the water, so we just stuck to trolling. We were doing 3mph along a deep weed edge when the rod with the Handlebarz blazing walleye went berzerk. He could hardly get it out of the holder, but he got 'er done! The fish slipped out of my hand while trying to get a measurement, but it was 40" for sure........the young lad just wanted a number to brag about. Great fish for him, took him for a good ride, and had smiles all around!

IMG_20141017_170130_zpsae3b1e6d.jpg

Mike, we've done well with your spinners. I also like the fact that they hold up to multiple fish!

Pete, water was high 50's.

I lost a real doozy right at the net on the same set up, same area, on the next pass going the opposite direction. What a heartbreaker. I truly believe it would have been a new PB weight for me in the kawarthas. Boy, did I ever hear it when it came off lol....

I dont usually fish when its hunting season, but he's has the musky bug going baaaad, so I think we'll be going a few more times in the near future :)

S.