tb4me

I still see the frustrations as a Leafs fan,things as I see it will be mediocre at best IMO.Still time to do some big trading,these guys will be lucky to even have a run at reaching the playoffs.We need a couple star players that have been there,and know what it's like to have a team that puts in 110% every game.

No ones cares about the Sens. Even if they won the cup no one would care. Leafs will make more headlines and money finishing last than Sens will winning the cup. Thats just the way it is. Get over it. We're not delusional. We are loyal. We dont need to rationalize. Most people dont expect the Leafs to make the playoffs. Will that stop me from watching? No.

Real fans stick by there team win or lose, suck or be awesome. Right now there record sucks. all what 6 games of the season? There is no doubting that. I will watch from the other side of the country and moving to another city will not change my allegiance. Unlike some other fickle fans.

Real fans stick by there team win or lose, suck or be awesome. Right now there record sucks. all what 6 games of the season? There is no doubting that. I will watch from the other side of the country and moving to another city will not change my allegiance. Unlike some other fickle fans.

I've been in this terrible place for 40 years or so,still follow like a trooper,but don't mind expressing my concerns.Would just love to see a cup run in my lifetime lol. :worthy:

MLSE is the single most successful business in the NHL.

They turn the highest profit margins.

For their goals, they are the #1 team in the NHL.

That is the challenge with the Leafs.

Look at some of the other teams that are constantly successful (in winning hockey games). The majority are owned by "single owners" who treat the team like a hobby.

Leafs are owned by a money making corporation.

I believe they are the single most valuable sports franchise in North America.

As such, in the owners eyes, they are the single best team in North America.

Unfortunately what Fans want, and what ROI achieves, are two different things.

MLSE is the single most successful business in the NHL.

They turn the highest profit margins.

For their goals, they are the #1 team in the NHL.

That is the challenge with the Leafs.

Look at some of the other teams that are constantly successful (in winning hockey games). The majority are owned by "single owners" who treat the team like a hobby.

Leafs are owned by a money making corporation.

I believe they are the single most valuable sports franchise in North America.

As such, in the owners eyes, they are the single best team in North America.

Unfortunately what Fans want, and what ROI achieves, are two different things.

Being owned by a single person didn't work out too well for them in the past.

www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/

Forbes Announces 2013 NHL Team Valuations

Comment Now Follow Comments

Toronto Maple Leafs Top Forbes List Of The Worlds Most Valuable Hockey Teams,

The NHLs Financial Future Lies North Of The U.S Border

NEW YORK (November 25, 2013) Forbes announced today its annual valuations of the National Hockey Leagues 30 teams. The Toronto Maple Leafs rank No. 1 on the list, valued at $1.15 billion. Teams north of the border dominate the top of Forbes NHL valuations thanks to typically higher attendance and higher arena revenue than their U.S rivals. For the first time since Forbes began tracking NHL team valuations in 1998, three of the leagues five most valuable teams Toronto Maple Leafs (No.1), Montreal Canadiens (No.3), Vancouver Canucks (No.4) are Canadian. This is also the first time that every Canadian franchise ranks among the top 16 in the 30 team league. The New York Rangers (No.2) and Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks (No.5) are the only U.S. teams to crack the top five.

The average NHL team now has an enterprise value (equity plus debt, less cash) of $413 million, 46% more (enterprise value-weighted) than a year ago. Operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) averaged $7 million per team during the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season, the second highest profit since the 1997-98 season.

The Top 10 Most Valuable Teams in the NHL are:

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Edited by vtbass