tb4me

I can see him doing really well there for sure, I'll definitely be following the penguins more. Hopefully the returns pay off, I like kapanen and Harringtons potential, wish they only retained 1 mill and now PA parentau on a 1 year seems alright....

I am surprised TO got so very little for him and had to retain some salary. 40 goal scorers are hard to come by and he did that with Bozak as his centre. With Crosby or Malkin being his centre would not surprise me to see him win the Richard trophy next couple years.I thought they could of got more.

Kessel will definitely break the 90 point mark if he's with sid, he plays a selfless game and knows how to pass a puck as well as score so Pittsburgh as a whole will be salivating at that idea till september

He was miscast.

He doesn't have the personality to deal with the media/fan Bull that comes with being the number 1 guy in the biggest hockey market in the world.

He scores goals. Any lug nut can be coached to check/defend and the league is full of 'em.

His fitness has always been a question, he had mediocre top line help, lousy team support and coaches that couldn't coach for talent and still was one of the top 5 goal scorers over the last 5 seasons. Wonder what will happen now?

He may do fine in Pitts. They tolerate players like Kessel. My blood pressure dropped the minute I heard the trade. He`s just not my style of player. I think the Leafs did fine on the trade given his record at the end of the season. He`d had enough of the fish borl in Toronto.

You wanna rebuild sign some big dogs like Detroit. Big moves today green from Washington for 3 years and a solid rent a player fresh off a cup win in Richards for a year.

Why would you want a rent-a-player during a rebuild? Even a three year player is not what you want during a rebuild.

How ironic it is that the fans whos team tanked the earliest are talking about them the longest into the summer!

:clapping::clapping:

You laffites crack me up!

That's because there are more people who care about the Leafs than there are people who care about the Senators... Get over it.

Edited by JohnBacon

Good riddance Fat boy. Yup the Leafs will miss all those goals that your +/- allowed. Maybe now I start to cheer the Leafs. Excellent trade, excellent. Pittsburgh will have an awesome power play though

Leafs rebuild is serious now. Gimme a bunch of guys that play 100% both ways and the heck with the score, that's real hockey.

Good article in the Sun today.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/01/leafs-were-sick-and-tired-of-kessel

Edited by muddler

The guy wasn't going to fit in in the new Babcock culture that will try to be instilled in this team. It will all start with hard work and 2 way play. But man o man are the leafs going to be bad next year.

Yikes

Edited by BassMan11

IMG_20150701_225857.jpg.png

Also that Steve Simmons article is stupid. He's so anti kessel its as if he never scored a game winning goal or contributed. I remember seeing a stat last year about when Phil scores, leafs win, he had the team on his shoulders much like price does in MTL. Good luck in Pittsburgh and hopefully he can crack 90-100 pts

Edited by Lucas F