tb4me

No hate here either. I compared them to the 3 Stooges. I certainly didn't hate them. How could anyone hate such an inept bunch???

A lot of you guys seem to be wasting a lot of time posting in a thread about a team you don't 'care' about.

Clarkson will be just fine this year.. The pressure of coming back to TO is gone, I'm sure he'll be back to his normal form. Still not a huge fan of that long contract however. Can't wait to see the new guys we picked up finally hit the ice (Santorelli especially)

Hopefully Lupes can find his form again, bit of a grind last year but the guy plays with the most heart on the team.

The team overall is a bit more well rounded up front. Clarkson will be better this year (cant be any worse) but once again will disappoint for what hes being paid.

Look for Bernier to further solidify his place as a number 1 goaltender in the league. There are a lot of haters as normal because hes a leaf, but I think the move to get will go down as one of the best moves they made in a long long time.

Leo will be fun to watch, the leafs defence will continue to struggle and I expect Carlyle to last no longer than December. Its not going to be a fun season overall to watch and I would be surprised at a playoff birth.

They still need a more defensively minded back end. Gardiner and rielly will impress as normal, but the defensive side of the game will still lack. Dion although everyone hates him, is a good D man (maybe not so much captain), hes just not capable of doing it all alone.

A lot of you guys seem to be wasting a lot of time posting in a thread about a team you don't 'care' about.

Not really. I've made my annual prediction, so that's it for me in this thread. Come April, I guess we'll see if I was right or wrong. Between now and then, there are too many other things to focus on, including slippery things with scales.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Dion needs his minutes cut, when that happens he'll become a better Dman (not like he's horrible now, but look at the minutes that guy places against the best in the league). It will be interesting to see what Robidas adds as well.

ya if he ever gets cleared for contact...apparently hes going to miss camp. Not a good start.

Not really. I've made my annual prediction, so that's it for me in this thread. Come April, I guess we'll see if I was right or wrong. Between now and then, there are too many other things to focus on, including slippery things with scales.

Craig, I think you're the exception. Some of these guys will post more in this thread then the Leaf fans themselves, lol.

Bahahahhahahahahahahha

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:w00t::w00t::w00t::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::w00t::w00t::w00t::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Classic!!!!

TORONTO - Tim Leiweke says a comment he made about players within the Toronto Maple Leafs organization having "terrible" character was not aimed at a specific player.

Speaking to students at Ryerson University, the outgoing president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment said when addressing analytics in hockey that "there are players we have in our organization today whose numbers are off the chart good and whose character is just terrible."

In an email response to The Canadian Press, Leiweke attempted to clarify what he meant.

"It was a general response that was intended to say that analytics are only as good as also making sure a player has character," Leiweke wrote. "I find it amusing anyone can assume I was talking about a specific Leaf player."

In his address at Ryerson, Leiweke also addressed new Leafs presidentBrendan Shanahan's role in reshaping organizational philosophy and the summer hirings of Cam Charron and Darryl Metcalf that should add to the analytics department.

MLSE confirmed last month Leiweke would only remain on the job until June 2015 or until a successor is appointed.

Edited by muskymatt