August water temperatures?

mattybculp

I'm out on buckhorn in 7-8 ft of water sonar is stating a water temperature of 64.8 degrees. I can't remember seeing that before. However it has been chilly at night the last few days. It was 78 degrees on Monday Tuesday. Lol I wonder how the fishing will be. Keep ya posted.

Surface temp here on Erie was 71F last week, less now I would think. Enjoying the fall weather mid August? It feels like the end of September, it smells like it and actually looks like it. Maple, Katulpa and Oak leaves are falling today!

I sure hope I'm wrong but ice fishing here in October?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Sorry the quote option still NFG. The NG fireplace was on this AM when I arose. Where's the blankets, I need one? Nuts I say, just nuts. The neighbours next door have been in the pool twice this summer. I haven't been in the lake once, no way, no how.

What a beautiful fall day though. Believe it or not there is a tree at the golf club turning colours, I don't know what type it is but it is the first every year to change, mid or end of September though.

Experienced the best topwater muskie action in all my 18 years of muskie fishing this past mid week. Surface temps were 70 degrees. Dropped to 67 and it was over. Coldest water temps in years ... better for releasing the fish that's for sure.

This morning before I pulled the boat, it was 61.5 at the coldest at 66 at the warmest at the surface in my lake by Bancroft. Crazy year for sure, some trees are already starting to turn and some of the weeds are starting to die off minorly. Hopefully a stretch of warmer weather holds it off?