MNR bust 2 with 105 black crappie

jbailey

SCUGOG -- Two men were fined a combined $4,000 after they were found with more than 100 black crappie in their boat following a day of fishing on Lake Scugog.

The two men, one from Markham and another from Scarborough, were found to be keeping 105 black crappie alive when they were investigated by two Ministry of Natural Resources conservation officers on May 2.

The anglers’ licences only permitted them to possess a combined total of 60 black crappie, putting them 45 fish over the legal limit.

On June 4, Hongrui Mei of Markham and Li-En Zhou of Scarborough pleaded guilty and were each fined $2,000 for catching and retaining more than the legal limit of black crappie.

The case was heard by Justice of the Peace Duncan Read in the Ontario Court of Justice, Whitby.

The MNR reminds anglers that it is an offence to transport live fish, other than baitfish, and that fishing limits are in place to maintain a sustainable fishery. For more information on fishing regulations, visitwww.ontario.ca/fishing.

Possibly selling them to a restaurant? hmm

Stereo types are gained for a reason. I recently went to check out the reservoir at finch and dufferin as a possible place to put in my kayak and maybe wet a line, I have been there a couple times before. When there it was easy to tell that the majority of anglers were not born In Canada. There were mostly, 99% asian and Russian folks, the place is covered in an unimaginable amount of Garbage. So back to my point... Will these guys be shocked to gain a stereo type of beings pigs, after seeing that place?

Seriously, is 60 not enough? Me and a buddy kept 40 one day. That was enough fillets to last me all year until I target them again in the winter. How much fish can two people eat? I have fish at least once a week no matter what, and feed 3 people.....I don't freeze much fish, but I do try to stock up on panfish in the spring, but there is absolutley no need to keep more than the legal limit unless your eating fish every day, and feeding a massive family......or your selling them.....

S.

Stereo types are gained for a reason. I recently went to check out the reservoir at finch and dufferin as a possible place to put in my kayak and maybe wet a line, I have been there a couple times before. When there it was easy to tell that the majority of anglers were not born In Canada. There were mostly, 99% asian and Russian folks, the place is covered in an unimaginable amount of Garbage. So back to my point... Will these guys be shocked to gain a stereo type of beings pigs, after seeing that place?

This kind of statement needs to be challenged absolutely , directly and immediately whenever it occurs....YES....STEREOTYPING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.....IT HAPPENS BECAUSE PEOPLE HOLD IGNORANT BELIEFS AND ATTITUDES LIKE YOURS TO BE SELF EVIDENT TRUTHS!

Are you defending people stereotyping other people? Even if 99% of the people there were 'not born in Canada' ( how the heck you could possibly know that I dont know) Asian and Russian....you sure about that? How do you know?

As for garbage left lying around at popular fishing spots....it happens at every popular fishing spot I have ever frequented, suppose those 'Russians and 'Asians' should feel ashamed for that too....What the heck is an 'Asian' anyway?

I dont usually get involved in stuff like this cuz it makes me so mad, but I see so much going on recently I cannot stay silent any longer...screw it...the gloves are off!

I just wish was more eloquent and articulate in these types of discussions....it does not help that i get really mad!

All the best

Limeyangler.

PS...until you speak to me and know all the cultural influences in my life you can never accurately define who or what I am...and I will always reserve the right to define myself anyway...so stereotype away...but you are wrong!

(Born in Toronto to Nigerian+Danish biological parents, adopted by English and Grenadian parents, schooled and lived in in Canada, England, Sweden, Italy and the Netherlands)

First of all I am also the product of immigrant parents and the reason I say this and how I "know" their ethnicity is by the fact that they are clearly speaking Russian and as far as who an Asian person is they are from The Continent of Asia ,they are a visible minority so its easy to tell, although I know it sounds awful and Im not a bigot, the fact is if you live in the area you know who frequents the spot. You will also know its covered in a pile of garbage. Forgive me for sounding that way, it was wrong for me to say it like that. All I can say is that I did not mean to offend anyone and sorry if I did. And if you are one of the anglers at Finch and Dufferin you can avoid the stereotype of not giving a crap about this beautiful country by taking ur dang garbage to the can.

I think TimRM may have been inflicted by that terrible ailment called Political Correctness. In assuming that the poachers may be something other than white anglers, and assuming that non-white anglers would somehow be treated differently under the law because of their non-whiteness, then of course the actions of the poachers are completely forgiveable. In this type of thinking, people who did not grow up in Ontario (and these folks may be twelfth generation Canadians, we do not know, right?), anyways non-Ontario born anglers can't POSSIBLY be expected to know OUR laws and follow OUR rules, because you see they may have different customs, and such. They probably grew up so poor that they HAVE to keep every fish they catch, they can't help themselves. And other codswallop like that. Apologists for criminals can always find "REASONS" for their views.

So yes, suggesting these poachers did not get a fair hearing effectively suggests that TimRM thinks the judge is racist. Which I personally doubt very much.

JMOYMV

Edited by akaShag

and as far as who an Asian person is they are from The Continent of Asia ,they are a visible minority so its easy to tell,

So your saying that someone who's ancestery is from from Cyprus or Lebanon looks the same or similar to someone from Vietnam or China? :rolleyes: