NO cell phone? What the heck?

So I quit my job a while ago and took a week off in between. I had to give up my cell phone on my last day and don't get my new one til Monday. Some interesting things happened.

1) I drove from Toronto to a small town south of grand bend without getting lost with no gps only an old school map and directions.

2) When I got there they weren't home so I walked around and someone offered me there phone and a beer while I waited.

3) Its hard to sell stuff when people can't call you or text you. lol

4) It's really hard to meet up with indecisive people using only email, my gf I think is pissed at me. I read her email as she has lots to do see you next week. I said have a good weekend, she emailed me back saying now I am sad. what the hell. of course I said sorry, we will see how that goes.

I think I am gonna go fishing. They don't seem to care I have no contact with humans P.S. caught a great limit of crappie over the last few days from an oldschool sportspal and a 1960's 3hp motor that ran out of gas about 3 km's from the launch location. yah a nice paddle into the wind and rain yesterday.... We were tempted to rope the crappie and use them like dog sled dogs.

60 crappie powered canoe.... yeeehaaa

just my random rant of the day...

I MISS MY PHONE!!!!

First time I have been without a cell phone in about 18 years, outside of going to the hunt camp where there is no cell signal and when camping. Its very odd to try and live a normal life without any contact to the world. lol I think I am starting to enjoy no cell phone though. outside of everyone that's mad at me for not getting in touch with them. rofl

I have one, couldn't tell you where it is right this moment! Even if I did know where it is, it would probably take me a few minutes to figure out how to turn the dang thing on!

Enjoy life without that menace!

HH

Isn't it funny how fast we have become attached to and dependant on technology. I honestly remember the old crank phones when I was a kid! "hi Helen, ring Doris for me please". The first diesel engine came into our town when I was 6, everyone was there at the station to see it. Typwriters, Telex, carbon paper, fountain pens.....How did we learn so much so fast? My little I phone has more power and memory that some of our office computers had and this thing fits in my pocket. I can only wonder what the future holds for my kids and grandkids.

Anyone remember what a mimeograph is? How about a pencil. She's sad, there's enjoyment toys out there.

In elementary school teachers printed stuff out on a Gestetner machine, man the fresh printed assignments smelled so good :tease:

Just broke down and bought a home phone. I was already paying for the service for 3 months came free as part of my package. So weird I had to phone someone to find out my number. I wonder if it has voicemail. haha.

And a pencil I still have those. They are what I use to tighten up my cassettes.

I still remember in school when we graduated from pencils to nib pens with an ink well in the corner of the desk.

We were in the big times then :lol:

And a drop of Javex was used on the ink because white out hadn't been invented yet..

I have one, couldn't tell you where it is right this moment! Even if I did know where it is, it would probably take me a few minutes to figure out how to turn the dang thing on!

Enjoy life without that menace!

HH

bad-mouth all those modern gadgets if you like, but I really got tired of chiseling those letters into the stone tablets when I was in school!! :(:P

And a drop of Javex was used on the ink because white out hadn't been invented yet..

I still remember in school when we graduated from pencils to nib pens with an ink well in the corner of the desk.

In elementary school teachers printed stuff out on a Gestetner machine, man the fresh printed assignments smelled so good :tease:

Did you remember your purse at least?

Poor baby....should we call the whaaaambulance for you??

LOL

S.

Got just what you need Jedi!!! :whistling:

0001150900372_300X300.jpg

Your girlfriend is mad over what? Lol, smoke signals work well. Nice catch of crappie:)

Love the perspectives....... And the jabs of course.

Regret posting? Even just a bit? lol........

Damn you must be old.

We moved on to fountain pens that used ink cartridges in my day.

I disconnected myself from my phone for nearly 3 months last year between Aug - Oct when my phone battery completely died. After a weekend away with a dead phone I realized I loved being without it, I purposely decided not to buy a $10 battery to fix it and instead embrace what I couldn't use and enjoy my family time. It had been years since I felt that in touch with my family & enjoyed myself when "work ended". I also realized no client actually expects an immediate response after work hours from an email or text message and they generally are never offended if you don't reply right away. The problem I had was I tried calling Rogers to have them end of my contract and save me about $60/month. I signed that darn 3 year contract just before they put in the 2 year law and I wasn't willing to pay to get out of it. They wouldn't cut me a break even after seeing I never used the phone for 3 months and thus I felt forced to have to keep using it until the contract ends. So I got the battery fixed and back to addiction mode.

Well I started the new job and I am back online. Unfortunately its an Iphone and now I have a sudden urge to poke my eyes out, do yoga and shop for clothes at lululemon.

I think you have underlying issues that are stemming far and away from the use of an iphone! haha

Edited by leaf4