Gas prices

BassMan11

My cherokee is a gasoholic. These increases sometimes affect distances I will travel to fish.

Noon news is saying-----higher prices are being falsely created by refinery shutdowns in US--to decrease supply

And we all know the theory bout supply and demand

Corporations know we may grumble about prices, but will still buy. They probably have a good laugh around the board table as weekends approach.

The Easter weekend is here. Up another cent from yesterday to 1.389. It might be cheaper for me to drive from Kanata to Ogdensburg fill up and than come back on a regular basis. I know if I was closer to the U.S. not 1 cent of Canadian gas would be going in my tank.

Wow I am surprised at the price difference is it the taxes that make it so different ? The healthcare system up North seems to drive the tax/cost of things that can have a negative effect on peoples health up. I know that the cost of tobacco really jumped up down here in the US tax wise using that as an excuse.

Art

Ok....... so I will post again without the "bad word" lol...

Buffalo gas on Wedesday $3.879 / Gal, converts to $1.128 CAD / L along with a 1.75 L bottle of Canada Club @ $21 CAD ($60 at LCBO).

I think that's better????

Burt :angel:

You done good Burt thanks for the help

Art

Tanked up yesterday in Bancroft at an "Esso"------1.11.9

No idea how they sell it so much cheaper without taking a loss----or is everyone else just really put'n the screws to us??

Sidenote:...they shut down refineries in the US to deplete supply----which states the obvious----they have too much

So why push so hard for Keystone XL to bring bitumen into Texas-?---gonna fill their swimming pools??

Shareholders really want to know

Tanked up yesterday in Bancroft at an "Esso"------1.11.9

No idea how they sell it so much cheaper without taking a loss----or is everyone else just really put'n the screws to us??

Seems as if Bancroft is always far cheaper than anyone else.

Maybe the town subsidizes this to bring people in to spend $$---no idea?/

I do know lots of people travel quite far to tank up there plus gas cans

Also it helps other Bancroft Biz's---Cuz If I'm there anyway---I pick up Groceries----hit some stores---go out to eat etc

I think it's a plot to gouge the public in general Art----they don't seem to play favorites in inflated bottom lines

Without turning this thread sideways-----Today the Pope's Easter message was speaking against greedy businesses---seeing the affect on the world's poor (soon to be us)

So it seems to get noticed in many places

Again just a note and not turning this into a religious debate

Wow I am surprised at the price difference is it the taxes that make it so different ? The healthcare system up North seems to drive the tax/cost of things that can have a negative effect on peoples health up. I know that the cost of tobacco really jumped up down here in the US tax wise using that as an excuse.

Art

Art, as I recall fuel and other prices have always been much higher up north. Not sure of a logical reason, but I am sure with the distances involved transportation costs figure in? Our fuel prices here went up 25 cents in one week, LOL they are probably changing over to the summer blend?

I think my daughter that used to live in Rhode Island told me smokes there and in New York City are around 10 bucks a pack? It costs a lot of money to build billionaires sports stadiums? Sin taxes seem to be a method of choice?

I filled all my spare cans and my truck at 1.16 on the reserve.. I heat the house with scavenged firewood and light it with LED lights.. you have to do what you have to do... next up is arming myself better for the zombie apocalypse....

The big issues we are facing right now is that the refineries are switching to making gas and the diesel is being purged from the plants. The plants right now while the plant is down are repairing the damage that the cold winter did to the equipment this winter. Our two most Northern plants had more damage done than the Southern plants and are still off line. This is why we get a bump in the spring and fall because we do not have enough places and equipment to produce the refined products that we all use.

Art

I filled all my spare cans and my truck at 1.16 on the reserve.. I heat the house with scavenged firewood and light it with LED lights.. you have to do what you have to do... next up is arming myself better for the zombie apocalypse....

Get in touch with Moxie...he is gearing up for a apocalypse of some kind...strength in numbers!!!

Get in touch with Moxie...he is gearing up for a apocalypse of some kind...strength in numbers!!!

HAHA... unfortunately I'm gearing up for contract year at work.. fishfarmer and spiel know the devil I'm dealing with.... high fuel prices will keep me from fishing as much as I want.....waiting for the zombie killing bullets to go on sale...