Gas prices

BassMan11

Seems odd I know but as I said, drive it gingerly and you will see good mileage. combined 10.2 is

I just spent 5 minutes on Google and can't find a single case where anyone with a comparable truck is getting MPG even close to his claims driving strictly highway with a 2x4, let alone a 4x4 in the city. It's not very often (never?) that someone gets better MPG than the manufacturers claim...

Ramtruck.ca lists the following for comparable 2014's:

HFE 4x4 - Up to 25 mpg (11.4 L/100 km) City and 36 mpg (7.8 L/100 km) Highway

Non-HFE 4x4 - Up to 22 mpg (13.0 L/100 km) City and 33 mpg (8.5 L/100 km) Highway

Non-HFE 2x4 - Up to 23 mpg (12.4 L/100 km) City and 35 mpg (8.0 L/100 km) Highway

I guess it's time to contact Ram and let them know that their inflated numbers are actually too low.... :D

As for the ride height, a higher vehicle has more drag due to more are volume passing under the vehicles uneven undercarriage. This is why the Ram's with air suspension lower themselves when driving with the Aero mode.

I have the 4x4 Non HFE and I am getting at or slightly better than what they say in all conditions. This is much better than what I have seen from previous chryco vehicles. Almost all of them I used to get far worse.

Up to 22 mpg (13.0 L/100 km) City and 33 mpg (8.5 L/100 km) Highway

I seem to be averaging as I mentioned between 9.5 and 10.5 combined. I do the bulk in the Toronto on city streets or in traffic, I think the one thing dodge did was not to inflate the numbers like Ford did with the eco boost.

Fish Farmer.

How do you figure a Big Crash is coming?

Just out of curiosity, and perhaps to mitigate my own situation. What are the 'red flags' for you?

Interested.

Entropy

Take a look around. More borrowed money across the globe than ever before and lots of it. Rising prices for everything, falling standards of living, dwindling wildlife and other food stocks, over population............ Take your pick.

I currently have a 13 eccoboost. Just ordered the new new Dodge Eco Diesel, crew cab 4x4 with 5.5' box. Hope to have it within the next few weeks. Only reason I traded was specifically for the gas savings. I mostly do hwy driving and my Ford averages 12l/100k hwy. The new eco diesel advertises 7.1l/100k but Ontario gov mileage website lists it at 8l/100k. Still gona be a savings. Doing the math I look to save about 1000$ a year on gas. Time will tell but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Can I ask how much you paid for the Eco diesel?

The EcoDiesel is a 4500$ option on the SLT and above trim lines. It seems like a bunch of money but they also had, not sure if its still on, a 8500$ rebate and 1500$ credit because I was switching brands of truck to theirs. So right off the bat there was 10grand off sticker.

They range anywhere from 34grand and north....

Take a look around. More borrowed money across the globe than ever before and lots of it. Rising prices for everything, falling standards of living, dwindling wildlife and other food stocks, over population............ Take your pick.

:rofl2: Your such an up beat fellow, I bet your a barrel of laughs around a camp fire!!! :rofl2:

:rofl2: Your such an up beat fellow, I bet your a barrel of laughs around a camp fire!!! :rofl2:

I have a rather wicked sense of humor and see good in most things but I am also a realist and make no apoligies for that point of view. I can see where you would be skeptical concerning my state of mind and I understand and respect that. I am not fooled by mirages placed in front of me and see right through such clutter as I know most others do but not nearly enough find the nerve to question.

The world should and could be a better place but I'm afraid that as long as there are those who are in it for themselves and continue to lead others along that garden path the future is doomed for failure.

I'd fish with him Gord!

Anytime Wayne and thanks. I'd also love the opportunity to fish with premier Wynne. If for nothing else but to use her as an anchor once we find a honey hole.

Edited by moxie

I have a rather wicked sense of humor and see good in most things but I am also a realist and make no apoligies for that point of view. I can see where you would be skeptical concerning my state of mind and I understand and respect that. I am not fooled by mirages placed in front of me and see right through such clutter as I know most others do but not nearly enough find the nerve to question.

The world should and could be a better place but I'm afraid that as long as there are those who are in it for themselves and continue to lead others along that garden path the future is doomed for failure.

Anytime Wayne and thanks. I'd also love the opportunity to fish with premier Wynne. If for nothing else but to use her as an anchor once we find a honey hole.

Your mental state never entered my mind.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko::rofl2: Just pulling your leg I am sure your a fun loving guy and a barrel of laughs around the camp fire!!! :clapping:

The EcoDiesel is a 4500$ option on the SLT and above trim lines. It seems like a bunch of money but they also had, not sure if its still on, a 8500$ rebate and 1500$ credit because I was switching brands of truck to theirs. So right off the bat there was 10grand off sticker.

They range anywhere from 34grand and north....

Ok, thanks very much.

Your mental state never entered my mind.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko::rofl2: Just pulling your leg I am sure your a fun loving guy and a barrel of laughs around the camp fire!!! :clapping:

Only if it were an electric campfire. Did I mention I am no longer allowed to be in possession of any combustible materials? Stipulated as part of my parole conditions.

Fish Farmer.

How do you figure a Big Crash is coming?

Just out of curiosity, and perhaps to mitigate my own situation. What are the 'red flags' for you?

Interested.

Entropy

Just do the math..

When we start spending, costing, more money than we make, something has to give or brake.

Just a couple examples: Gas jumping up 30 cents a gallon over night when years ago gas being 30 cents a gallon would jump 1/2 a cent.

To carry a house,kids going to school, upkeep, car, food, etc. You and Wife both working and still can't keep up then our government tells you to save for a pension. Some may be able to, but most can't any more. Our government then turns around and says they want more out of your pocket when the company that you working for wants concessions. We are running a race to the edge of the cliff. Technology is moving to fast, things are out of date before you buy. I sit sometimes out fishing thinking about what is happening and it's scary. I have 11 grandkids, I think will they ever afford to retire. I'm on my way out, maybe that's a good thing for me. I don't think this generation can cope a depression.

But Entropy, that's just my opinion.

I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Fish Farmer

I sure as heck wouldn't want to be starting a career right out of school these days. It's has to be pretty bleak for some young ones, who end up working at a fast food joint while having a university degree. I agree with fish farmer, something is going to happen. Just don't know what that something is or when.

I sure as heck wouldn't want to be starting a career right out of school these days. It's has to be pretty bleak for some young ones, who end up working at a fast food joint while having a university degree. I agree with fish farmer, something is going to happen. Just don't know what that something is or when.

jammer, my point x2

As I say, I hope I'm wrong for all of us.

I can tell ya it`s not too bright for a 57 year old who found himself without a job after 35 years with the same company!!!

Gas prices going up, home heating, hydro, water and property taxes putting a huge strain on family income, latest electronic products that everyone doesn't need but has to have, out sourcing of jobs, food prices et al....

it almost seems like the middle class is slowly being wiped out.

Its not happening slowly.

Try being a middle class single dad....

S.

They are ruining the middle class.It's almost a daily conversation now.You can't keep taking and taking when most people are lucky now to even get a raise.I know so many companies I work for that have not had a raise in 2-7 years.How will this work out for you mister Harper when everyone / half can't pay their bills on time.

Edited by davey buoy

Not to mention the natural gas hike =( Just got my bill, 30% increase and that's not even the highest. Some people are likely to get hit with a 40% increase. The middle class is getting hit hard and saving for retirement is becoming incredibly difficult every year. I guess the only thing to do is bike to work, bike home, eat a PB&J sandwich for dinner, read a book by candle light and go to bed. Rinse and repeat until age of 75. How fun.