Ford F150 Cargo Management

John

Does anyone have any suggestions for a truck bed organizer, cargo bags or some other ideas to stop items from moving around? (Bottles of windshield washer fluid or grocery bags, small boxes, fishing gear etc...) I have looked at cargo nets and boxes and blocks online but haven't found a good source of anything local...........Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga. I know there are many truck owners on here that must have the same issue as me..

Yup if you have a Bedliner inside they have a groove in the side for a 2x8. I just cut one with an angle cut on both ends and just slid it in there and it allows you to put stuff there without it sliding to the front of the box. Gas cans groceries etc..

I have a 2013 F150. I use the cargo bar. Got it at Princess Auto for 15bucks. I don't think it was listed as a cargo bar though. I seem to remember it as a ratcheting extending bar for putting up a drop sheet to section off a room. either way its the same thing and really inexpensive. Also, a more expensive way the also helps is the spray in cargo liner. The added friction helps things stay put for the most part.

I have racheting cargo bars from my truck driving days that I cut down with a pipe cutter to fit. They worked in my van or utilty trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywtS4bZD93w

Purchased one of these at Princess Auto for a reasonable price but the wood in the bedliner idea works great. If you can get wood in front and behind the rear wheel humps it works great for holding a few bags of salt and sand during winter.

John the most important thing on an F150, I've found, is to buy some weather stripping before putting anything of value in the box. The tailgate does not seal.. and the box will fill full of dust.. or snow! You need to weather strip across the bottom of the box where the tail gate swings "shut" against. All I do is put a ratchet strap across the back two cargo hooks.. and it retains everything I ever put back there (other than when I totally fill the box of course).

Not sure what's going on there Wayne, but on my last 2 f150's I've never had anything like all that snow getting in the back of my truck...or even dirt for that matter.

Seems really strange.

Might be an explanation if it only happens while towing the trailer Wayne.

I've got a spray-in bedliner plus a solid tri-fold cover, but I doubt that would have anything to do with keeping snow and water from coming in under the tailgate.

Strange for sure.

Back in 2001 I bought a new Dodge pick-up and it let water in under the tailgate like yours when I was driving in the rain so I glued a strip of foam rubber along the bottom of the tailgate and it solved the problem.

Edited by lew

I'm the same as Lew I have a spray in bedliner and a hard tonneau, no leaks at least non I have seen. Wayne I think that maybe a cargo bar and a couple of totes will do the job.

Thanks guys appreciate the help and ideas..

I asked Ford if it was missing a seal Lew and they told me there isn't supposed to be one there.... maybe it's only because I tow an enclosed trailer which causes a high pressure area behind the truck.

I can only imagine you've got something different going on. Myself and several friends drive F150's and I can't recall anyone ever having that sort of problem. Weird!

2012 Ford 150 with the step built into the tailgate does not seem to have that issue I have had it up and down dusty roads without an issue. I guess Ford figured out the issue but will not tell us of the fix.

Art

A company named Keeper makes a ratcheting cargo bar just like that,It can be had with or without the net. 05059 would be the bar, and 05060 is the bar with the net. You can probably get it online pretty cheap. If you need a place to get it locally (in Burlington) you can pm me.

A company named Keeper makes a ratcheting cargo bar just like that,It can be had with or without the net. 05059 would be the bar, and 05060 is the bar with the net. You can probably get it online pretty cheap. If you need a place to get it locally (in Burlington) you can pm me.

Thanks Dunner you have mail

Yeah I have the Line-x spray in liner too and a hard tonneau,

This is kinda what I had in mind but haven't been able to find it in Canada and shipping from the states is obscene!

TruckBedOrganizer_zpse08de317.jpg

The Line-X spray-on bed liner is excellent.

For small items, there is a product called a DUHA that goes underneath the back seat and it holds a pile of stuff that you might not want to leave in the box - tools, guns, etc. I ordered mine through a small independent here in Kingston, but I am thinking a Van and Truck World kind of chain would have them also. Here is a link: www.du-ha.com

Doug