A few fall days with the oldman.

BillM

Too much hockey talk, thought it was about time for a mini report. Was on the water probably 3-4 days a week at a minimum with the oldman, crappie, bass, pike, whatever it didn't matter. Being so close to great fishing, we can be on the water in under 30mins... Can't beat that on a weekday, great weather, zero traffic, lots of fish.. Had a lot of fun bass fishing this fall, I spent some time vertical jigging and it paid off in spades.. 5-10 fish evenings quickly turned into 20-30 fish evenings with bonus fish such as walleyes.. Such a deadly technique once you locate these fish... The 80b Terrova with I-Pilot Link made staying on top of these fish even easier. Did quite well later in the season off the deeper drops slow rolling spinnerbaits as well.

IMG_5466_zps8401a633.jpg

IMG_5463_zpscc944442.jpg

IMG_5334_zps4611a633.jpg

IMG_5331_zpsd0283afc.jpg

IMG_5327_zps13db0ac2.jpg

IMG_5326_zps2b7abe42.jpg

Dad introduced me to fishing (from shore)40+ years ago but because of his fear of being on the water I never got to return the favour. Lasting memories for you both. Good for you Bill and some beautiful fish.

You don't know how blessed you are to be able to share what you love with the old guy and he sure looks like he loves it too. Dad is still with us at 87 but he never enjoyed the outdoors. I took him when I was 30, after an hour or so you could tell he wanted to go home but toughed it out for 2 days. I asked him years later why he didn't take us out to fish, hunt, camp etc. like my cousins, It p'd me off he never would take us fishing. He told me about sleeping in the mountains in the winter without shelter hiding from the Germans when he was a teen. They were taking kids as young as 13 or they would kill your entire family in the village. Don't I feel like an ass now.

Some nice bass there Bill, good on you both.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Nice one Bill. I also love spending time with the old man on the water.

He started me fishing at a very early age. Taught me so many things back then. Its funny now because Im the one teaching him how to fish and what to use.