Insane Video…man charged in crash (nf)

limeyangler

This is just crazy.......

Happened just past the HWY17 Kenora bypass turnoff, just up the road from Dryden. Has been big news here.

Guy had his dash cam rolling and captured what could have been his and his passengers last moments on this earth, thankfully/miraculously everyone walked/limped away from this.

Turns out the guy was on his cellphone...….he's in big trouble…….

Here is a link to the video

http://ckdr.net/news/index.php#30653

There is a still of the video posted in the news item, its small so i took the liberty of making a bigger still of the video just before impact….pretty conclusive he was on the phone.

ScreenShot2014-03-06at15123PM.png

I have lost count the amount of times i find myself cursing at someones driving only to realize they are on the phone!

Edited by limeyangler

Wow thats crazy..Its clear that the guy on the phone caused that..But why did the driver of the oncoming truck turn into hm like that..The trailer would have been where I would have turned towards.. I know its easy for me to say sitting here on my couch. Impact was so hard it shut the radio off..unreal..

Wow thats crazy..Its clear that the guy on the phone caused that..But why did the driver of the oncoming truck turn into hm like that..The trailer would have been where I would have turned towards.. I know its easy for me to say sitting here on my couch. Impact was so hard it shut the radio off..unreal..

Seems to have worked though eh?

Like I said easy for any of us to say sitting at home safe n sound.. I worked for Bell Canada and went through extensive defensive driver training. Its funny how we all think we would react until the time comes. I was trained to never cross over the center line to avoid any collision.. Thats how I was trained doesn't mean that's what would happen. Its amazing how fast the brain takes over the body in the heat of the moment..
But to see that dude pull out and know its inevitable, what a helpless feeling..

Wow...

Like stated above defensive driving teaches to turn towards the ditch/snowbank in this case... And I've done just that... But I had more time to process my situation.... This happened really fast....

Hard to believe that there's people that don't know to look both ways... It's beaten into our heads our entire life...

Like stated above defensive driving teaches to turn towards the ditch/snowbank in this case... And I've done just that...

The ditches around here are solid granite rock cuts, that's the last place I'd be heading.

Edited by Old Man

Would be my natural reaction... someone noses out and the highway is clear, so you think at some point he'll hit the brakes and you go around the nose of the truck and carry on after a few expletives... only this guy didn't stop!

x2

This video was like an omen. Was heading home from a walk with the kids and dog today and a white panel van shot right through a sideroad from my right to left without even slowing down. I came within a hairs breadth of t- boning him. First thing I thought of was this video.

So close....

It was the same damn sideroad where I had the incident last week in the whiteout.

Well hopefully only one more near miss MIke and you're in the clear!

Honestly, after watching that video and driving to work today, I was thinking, there are just soooo many bad drivers out there it is insane. I mean what is wrong with people, why can't they be careful and pay attention? l live just over 5 klicks from work and every single day I have to slam on my break, swerve to miss or do something evasive to save myself and my van from impact of some sort. Today, for example, I'm in the left turning lane and across the intersection, someone is in that left turn lane. Nobody coming straight so I start my turn. Well the lady in the left turning lane on the other side decides, oh, I think I'll go straight instead so as I'm turning she starts coming straight at me and barely misses me and I can see her hands going up like I'm in the wrong. The other day someone just decided they wanted to be in my lane without looking so I had to swerve and slam my brakes on, making sure I didn't hit anything or another car and every, single day someone pulls out of a gas station or side road in front of me when they clearly don't have the room to do so, making me slow down or literally stop. It is very frustrating and I could go on, but I'm sure everyone here deals with the same on a daily basis.

What is the answer, I don't know but lives are at stake here and there's got to be a solution.

Well hopefully only one more near miss MIke and you're in the clear!

What is the answer, I don't know but lives are at stake here and there's got to be a solution.

Simple. The same solutions that will help reduce crime. Fines that hurt. Real consequences for wrongful acts. Ditch no fault insurance.