Said goodbye to my little buddy last night

lew

Lew

So sad. Been there. Had to put down our beloved flatcoated retriever, Seamus, at a young 8 years old a few years ago. I cried like a baby. It still bothers me.

I've said this before, and will say it as long as I live....dogs are way better than most people I know.

Hang in there.

Lew,

Dogs are truly a blessing and we are so lucky to have them in our lives.

You gave Marvin 18 years of joy and health, he returned to you the same in

his way of happy memories.

Our sympathys for your loss.

Rick and Dianne, a.k.a. npt1.

I'm saddened to hear your pup's time was due. I know only too well how that knot in your throat feels. I am glad that you chose to do what was best for Marvin. Nothing to regret in that. Marvin got one year more than our Lucky, and I am sure they were wonderful years.

They say a man can be judged on the way he treats his dog...I think this thread is a testament to your character Lew..Marvin was fortunate to have you as his human..His memories will always be a staple that holds your character together..Sorry for your loss but im happy he gave you the opportunity of 18 years of happiness...Cheers to Marvin and you

So sorry Lew and Diane. As a dog owner myself, I can surely relate. A few months ago, I came across something that had a big enough effect on me, that I saved it. It's appropriate for times like this. I hope you like it..

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager
body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet,
so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thanks for that Dan, it's an enjoyable read and actually another member sent me the same thing a couple days ago.

After the vet administered the drugs to Marv, then determined that he was gone, her assistant looked at me & said "it's OK now Lew, Marvins crossed the rainbow bridge"

It somehow made me feel a bit better.