What's your dream fishfinder?

fishnguy

I would pick the hds 8 gen 2 or the hds 9 touch.

big benefit on the 8 to have the quick access buttons on the bottom.

the 9 has built in structurescan and has the touch screen. rebates on both right now. best value would be the 8 gen 2 out of the two models.

I just upgraded from older units to an 898... Haven't even used her yet. There is some cool stuff out there now, like the ability to create your own charts from sonar readings which I'm excited about (autochart for HB, Sonarcharts for navionics etc). I've used the hds touch series on my buddies boat quit a bit and they are sweet. But my dream fishfinder would be one of the ladies above for sure.

There were some good deals out there on 898 and 998's HB's because the 899/999 just came out, probably still are.

Edited by JoshS

HAHA....love the pics.

Some very good thoughts here. Thank you. Re-reading my initial post, there was a big typo there that probably gave away my profession. Only an economist would write "I'm looking for one with a GDP map" instead of "GPS map".

At any rate, thanks for the feedback.

As far as the pics, talk about artificial lures!!!! I'm a natural bait kinda guy myself. One year I asked the woman I was with what she wanted for Christmas, anything she wanted, anything. She said new breasts, I asked how much? 4 grand she said. I said no problem sweetheart, only one thing, I can only afford one this year and one next year. Honest to God swear on my parents lives true story.