1.1 billion ? what the hell

davew3

I agree 100 %....they should be allowed two terms and out the door...always fresh and always on their toes and dont get to become complacent to the constituants

I believe the first time they lie about what they promised OUT. Any one can win with the best promises.We have seen this.Hold them accoutable.!

Ontario/Canada/All countries are to large for democracy to work. Democracy can only work on a small scale where if your leader does something you don't like you can confront him personally. You are just a faceless mob to a bunch of corrupt bureaucrats who serve only the rich and when you cry about stuff like this and the fact that you can't put bread on the table to feed your family I expect no different response from those "elected" officials than" let your family eat cake."

Edited by Musky or Specks

There is only one way this will all stop..Us the people need to do something..Say what you want about the American government shutting down but you mark my words , if this keeps up much longer the American people will speak out...Who know what will happen but it wont be long before every trucker farmer and biker will be in Washington.. Perhaps we need to do the same?......

Oh, no!! We have it bad enough here in Canada but we sure as hell don't want to emulate the American system. :angry: . From the frying pan into the fire!!!

There is only one way this will all stop..Us the people need to do something..Say what you want about the American government shutting down but you mark my words , if this keeps up much longer the American people will speak out...Who know what will happen but it wont be long before every trucker farmer and biker will be in Washington.. Perhaps we need to do the same?......

absolute truth. We are not far behind america in terms of "our" government. We'd all be smart to make our voices heard now, rather than later

yeah, I hear ya,

I'd would like to see accountability including loss of job/ pension, jail time etc for stuff like this, Pam Wallin and Mike Duffy haven't even lost their cushy jobs when if I did something like that, I'd be in jail, really ticks me off

I did a rough calculation when the G20 cost Canada a billion $'s, as tax payers it cost me and my wife about $100, so here's another $100 out of our pockets for another screw up

yeah, I hear ya,

I'd would like to see accountability including loss of job/ pension, jail time etc for stuff like this, Pam Wallin and Mike Duffy haven't even lost their cushy jobs when if I did something like that, I'd be in jail, really ticks me off

I did a rough calculation when the G20 cost Canada a billion $'s, as tax payers it cost me and my wife about $100, so here's another $100 out of our pockets for another screw up

About the only thing that came out of the G20 was dropping the duty on sporting goods coming from and into the US, so says our local member of Provincial Parliament, a PC. If I'm wrong I was fibbed to, can't imagine a politico not telling me the truth.

What is the differance, it doesn't matter who you vote for they all do the same thing! They lie, break promisses, raise our taxes and give themselves lavish pensions and nothing ever gets done about it. There is no accountability, if they get caught stealing they just pay it back and all is forgiven because they are all doing it. I keep hearing "if you don't vote you deserve what you get!" I have voted in every election since I was old enough to vote. Different party names but it is all the same game!

Sad but true. People see someone slitting salmon bellies and they want to crucify them but when someone pilfers their grandchildrens future they just throw their hands up and utter that statement?

Gas plants, E-Health, Ornge, All day Kindergarten, Windmills, Solar Panels, Teachers contracts, OLG.....................

Individually one would be buried in the crap they could throw at us to make our lives a living hell if one tried to take them on but could you imagine what 50-100,000 pissed off citizens could do if we marched to queens park throwing our fists in the air in anger? Hell we didn't even flinch when she was appointed by the same slimy, self serving prick she partnered in crime with to cause this Liberal Mess. I'd love to run into him in the street one day so I could give him a piece of my mind and lose my boot in his ass. Hope I find my magic lamp cause I think I have one wish left.

I guess as long as we can take selfies of ourselves and updating our status as to how good a dump we just had or how many fish we caught were satisfied enough to maintain the status quo.

"We"are indeed a sad bunch. We could initiate change but I highly doubt it.

Edited by moxie

Sad but true. People see someone slitting salmon bellies and they want to crucify them but when someone pilfers their grandchildrens future they just throw their hands up and utter that statement?

Gas plants, E-Health, Ornge, All day Kindergarten, Windmills, Solar Panels, Teachers contracts, OLG.....................

Individually one would be buried in the crap they could throw at us to make our lives a living hell if one tried to take them on but could you imagine what 50-100,000 pissed off citizens could do if we marched to queens park throwing our fists in the air in anger? Hell we didn't even flinch when she was appointed by the same slimy, self serving prick she partnered in crime with to cause this Liberal Mess. I'd love to run into him in the street one day so I could give him a piece of my mind and lose my boot in his ass. Hope I find my magic lamp cause I think I have one wish left.

I guess as long as we can take selfies of ourselves and updating our status as to how good a dump we just had or how many fish we caught were satisfied enough to maintain the status quo.

"We"are indeed a sad bunch. We could initiate change but I highly doubt it.

lol...can you tell us how you really feel....??

agreed agreed and then agreed.......

but what can we do......really.....

..didn't they have some sort of protest a few yrs back and the general public called them crazy

i personally don't see this as much as a provincial problem...but a global problem...

and i have a feeling the worst is yet to come

people are finally waking up to corrupt Govt's all over the world

even in canada

Liberals are the provincial problem....CPC is the Countries problem...two different ideals from two different organized crime ridden regimes ....that modified the European Criminals methods to the tolerances of the sheep under them (some of us)...baaaaaahck to the tv and computer for them or grab a sign and walk up and down the street ....talk to your friends ..neighbours...join a protest that you understand and believe in ....most importantly....EDUCATE yourself and your children so that you/they can make informed decisions as to what matters....Heres one you didnt know ...since Halloween is comming up...if you get caught wearing a Anonymous mask....10 years in jail for you....isnt it interesting pedophiles only get three?....point is ...make yourself herd by peaceful participaction.....its getting late so i have to go to bed now....I have a Great Lake to Protect in the morning from nuclear waste...Good Night and hope to see you there

What is the differance, it doesn't matter who you vote for they all do the same thing! They lie, break promisses, raise our taxes and give themselves lavish pensions and nothing ever gets done about it. There is no accountability, if they get caught stealing they just pay it back and all is forgiven because they are all doing it. I keep hearing "if you don't vote you deserve what you get!" I have voted in every election since I was old enough to vote. Different party names but it is all the same game!

I agree with you 100% Cliff. That's why I have never voted, ever. Pretty much a waste of my time IMHO.

I was really hopeful when the "Occupy Movement" was going on, most people (including the majority on OFC) said this is stupid, they don't have a defined issue they are protesting, etc

those kids had it right, it wish it would have become more viral and got more support, they were basically saying "screw this, this whole system is bull pooh",

and all we do now (myself included), is gripe about our state of affairs, just like we are doing now

ill bet oakville and mississauga vote liberal in the next election......just watch

you mean like Scarborough just did in the by election because they got promissed a subway extension

PS the windmills here are all shut down because they have an excess of power and a new extension of the windfarm just got approved for construction

You nailed it with that comment Cliff.

They say that the Ring of Fire mining development in northern Ontario is our version of the oil sands (in terms of economic impact, and potential to pollute) so you may want someone other than the Conservatives in power.

The Liberals do seem like crooks though, and the NDP is the NDP (yuck).

I really firmly think the issue isn't who votes and who doesn't....

The issue is about 60% of the people who vote do not actually research the platforms and understand the party positions they are supporting.

Many times people just vote based on "preferred" parties whom they think reflect their way of thinking...

I have friends who vote Liberal because they ALWAYS vote liberal...They feel the Liberals are more Left minded and therefore more in line with their personal though process, while my parents are members of the PC party....they ALWAYS vote PC for the same reasons.

I personally try to keep in mind there is no "perfect" party to vote for but…

There is always going to be that one party whom is the lesser of the evils.

But for cripes sake if we can’t support any one party and we know they are all liars there is one thing we CAN do…..Hold them accountable!!!!

If they muck it up....Vote ‘em out and give the next jerk a shot.

If we did this more often we’d see some accountability.

Letting McSquinty slide last time sealed our fate….at this point I'd rather try ANYONE but the Liberals.

They had their chance, again, and again...time to let "someone" else have a shot.

We can be cynical all we want….we can say they are all alike, but how do we know until we try?

Should we just not vote, take our lumps, be told what to do and be complacent?

Is that what our veterans did?

No thanks folks....frustrated or not, I read, research and take my politics seriously.

I don't think the slogan should be vote or quit you whining….the slogan should be

“Vote responsibly”