~~~What, they are thunken of changing O'Canada again

oldphart

Margaret Attwood the author has requested the change. I hope the various levels of checks and balances tell her it is not in the beSt interests of the majority of Canadians. In spite of the fact she is a worthy Canadian, she isn't any more worthy than the thousands of military folks that have protected and preserved our rights and freedoms since the last change. I'm old enough that I still proud ding the original lyrics.

No change from the altered version is necessary. IMO

Wow, what's next??? I hate to say it, but this country is slowly going to pot!! What a bunch of whiners people have become! Don't they have anything better to do??

We are becoming a nation of chronic victims. Everyone feeling they need to a victim of one thing or another, and everything bad that happens to us is someone else's fault. "My coffee is was too hot so I deserve compensation", "I'm not yet a citizen of this country but I don't want to pledge allegiance to the Queen so I'll take the government to court", "I'm offended by Christmas trees and the Lord's prayer." "The government spent a small fortune saving me from the war torn country I was stranded in, but they had the nerve to give me crappy (not crappie because they would be delicious) sandwiches for free". It goes on and on and on. Gets me all worked up.

Edited by Andy

Margaret Attwood the author has requested the change. I hope the various levels of checks and balances tell her it is not in the beSt interests of the majority of Canadians. In spite of the fact she is a worthy Canadian, she isn't any more worthy than the thousands of military folks that have protected and preserved our rights and freedoms since the last change. I'm old enough that I still proud ding the original lyrics.

No change from the altered version is necessary. IMO

Why does that not surprise me...leftwing kook!

Heck , going to elementary school in the 50's I recall we did "God Save the Queen " every morning along with the Lord's Prayer, I think "O'Canada" didn't beome the norm untill late 60's. Bet the lib-left would choke on those if they brought them back. :whistling:

Suprised they haven't pulled the god crap out of it yet either. But I dont' really care, it's part of the original lyrics, so keep it.

Margaret attwood is quite annoying and extremely condescending. Not suprised this is stemming from her.

"all thy sons command' isn't even a male/female reference, it refers to god's son, lil' baby jebus...so any correction of the line wouldn't even provide any sexe equlity in the song, it would just remove a jebus reference...