Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

good game by the buds. as i mentioned earlier, i think the leafs have all the offensive pieces in place. not sold on on the D quite yet. dion and gunny aren't a top pairing on a championship team IMO.

i do think the leafs are solid enough that they will be a buyer at the deadline, and a better dman paired with phaneuf would rectify any perceived weakness i'm predicting.

interested to see what my sens do this year. i think macleans puck possession domination is going to pay big dividends with the squad he's got. we've got some work to do on cowen and wiercioch, and if "Oh No" Joe Corvo ends up being shakey we have some guys ready to make the jump. i still think we're a season or two from a run, but i like where the team is going

The reality of last night games is that bernier stole that win. The could have been down 4-0 after the first period. We have been waiting since cujo for a solid goalie that can steal 10 wins per year. Guess what. You just saw that goalie last night night. I am a Reimer fan but he is no where in the same league as bernier. I was hoping to keep scrivens as a a backup as I am not sure how much Reimer will want that role. None the less this is going to be a very good pairing. The defense is very suspect so far in the two game plus the pre season. If gardiner and rielly pan out they will make a huge difference on the blue line. Looks to me like the goaltending has been sorted. The offense with kadri, kessle, bolland and jvr has been sorted. Special teams is on the upswing. They just need to work on gaining control in there own end 5 on 5.

Happy Leafs fan today.

The reality of last night games is that bernier stole that win. The could have been down 4-0 after the first period. We have been waiting since cujo for a solid goalie that can steal 10 wins per year. Guess what. You just saw that goalie last night night. I am a Reimer fan but he is no where in the same league as bernier. I was hoping to keep scrivens as a a backup as I am not sure how much Reimer will want that role. None the less this is going to be a very good pairing. The defense is very suspect so far in the two game plus the pre season. If gardiner and rielly pan out they will make a huge difference on the blue line. Looks to me like the goaltending has been sorted. The offense with kadri, kessle, bolland and jvr has been sorted. Special teams is on the upswing. They just need to work on gaining control in there own end 5 on 5.

Happy Leafs fan today.

Wow...he proved all that in one game...impressive!!!! LOL

Looking at the games stats , I saw Reimer got the #1 spot of the three stars of the game opening night, Ok with that, but then last night I see Bernier listed as the 3rd star with Troy Brodie and Braden Schenn as the first 2 stars, do the guys that pick these stars even watch the game :wallbash:

Good start for my home team. Bernie definately got the W for the buds, but it was Bolland who found himself at the right place and right time to net a couple and win it for the goaltender. When Clarkson comes back, and if him and Bolland pick up the points, the parade will be going South, against traffic, on Mimico Avenue boys lol.

Edited by Propwash

Actually it was started as as anti-laff thread lol

And you see how quickly it got turned around in the right direction..Try as you might Matt you will never win..lol Go Leafs Go! Sens next this should be interesting..I hope they can take the pounding their about to get...

And you see how quickly it got turned around in the right direction..Try as you might Matt you will never win..lol Go Leafs Go! Sens next this should be interesting..I hope they can take the pounding their about to get...

Yes, it will be interesting!

GO SENS GO!!!!

Sucks though that the Sens first game is only on Friday!

:dunno:

Sorry to poop on your parade, for the record I have been a habs fan for over 50 years but I always wish the leafs well.

There is no hatred for the Leafs from this habs fan I save that for the Booins!!!!

Good to hear,give us a few games to enjoy lol.That's all we ask.Let's hope turning south doesn't happen to soon.

I was thinking the same thing..Who comes up with these schedules...Brutal eh

Think of the disadvantage of any team playing their first game against a team when all the rest are 3-4 games into their schedule. Kind of redonkulous if you ask me!

Not sure of the relevance of posting that stat but with the record the leafs have posted in recent history you leave yourself open to have more than a few interesting stats thrown back your way...but I won't go there.

Go leafs go

Its ok , go there..Its fun..I dont even know if that stat is true.. just thought it was funny