Walleye, Lakers & Trophy Pike Of The Chapleau Game Preserve ~ A Fly In Trip To Park's Cam Lake Outpost

solopaddler

wow, you guys really put some quality fish in the boat!

I've been to Cam/ Little Miss., although I've fished further north and paid a lot more money for a trip, Cam Lk was one of my favorite trips, thanks for the trip down memory lane

the first trip to Cam, my cousin caught a walleye just under 10 lbs on Cam (released it of course), the biggest walleye from any of our trips

Edited by chris.brock

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/solopaddler/Cam%20Lake%20June%202013/Cam-LittleMissJune2013057.jpg

is it just me or does it look like a big pike painted on there 2 thirds of the way down in the middle.....

It's not just you, looks like a pike to me!

wow, you guys really put some quality fish in the boat!

I've been to Cam/ Little Miss., although I've fished further north and paid a lot more money for a trip, Cam Lk was one of my favorite trips, thanks for the trip down memory lane

the first trip to Cam, my cousin caught a walleye just under 10 lbs on Cam (released it of course), the biggest walleye from any of our trips

Thanks Chris!

Chris has been to Cam quite recently actually. He and his girl flew in there last July to clean up years of new growth for Martin and do a bit of fishing. You guys did a great job btw. Hope you don't mind me posting this Chris, but here's a "before" shot that Chris sent me last summer:

DSCF1213.jpg

Regarding the large walleye your cousin caught in Cam, I saw the note he wrote about it in the cabin. It was on the underside of the bunk I slept on.

So which camp did you end up choosing for July anyway? I'll guess Muskrat?

Thanks for the read Mike, that was a perfect way to start off my day...thanks. My trip was OK this year, lots of BIG pike but we couldn't locate the lakers and nobody was fishing them in our area. Heading home for two weeks to fish for some atlantics with my dad in a couple of days!!

Another epic trip and report Mike , I'm glad you are here as our northern Ontario , fishing adventures travel agent . I'm sure these reports you come back with help a lot of the members out here with there trip choices including me , you just have to decide which place because they all look so good . Thanks again Mike :good:

It's not just you, looks like a pike to me!

Thanks Chris!

Chris has been to Cam quite recently actually. He and his girl flew in there last July to clean up years of new growth for Martin and do a bit of fishing. You guys did a great job btw. Hope you don't mind me posting this Chris, but here's a "before" shot that Chris sent me last summer:

DSCF1213.jpg

Regarding the large walleye your cousin caught in Cam, I saw the note he wrote about it in the cabin. It was on the underside of the bunk I slept on.

So which camp did you end up choosing for July anyway? I'll guess Muskrat?

I don't mind at all, my wife will get a kick out of it (we got married shortly after the trip, she survived the test with flying colours (Haha))

yep, he wrote that under the bunk, some Cam Lk history

I'm also the genius that cut the last leg of the portage in the wrong direction (Haha)

Mike,

Another great report, thanks for putting that together! Looks like you guys had a great trip, can only imagine what you would have done with 7 days at your disposal.

We were up in that area the 1st week of June, fishing was fantastic but the black flies were absolutely brutal. Have never seen them that bad before, made for a long week but fun none the less.

You mentioned the mayfly hatch, we started to see belly’s full of them as the week went on depending on which end of the lake they came from as the hatch had just begun. High water levels made travel easy but lots of floating debris to contend with.

Kris

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/solopaddler/Cam%20Lake%20June%202013/Cam-LittleMissJune2013057.jpg

is it just me or does it look like a big pike painted on there 2 thirds of the way down in the middle.....

You mean that fish next to the dinosaur? lol

(yes I know it's not a dinosaur...)

Edited by FishLogic

wow, another lake on my list

thanks for sharing

X 2 I'll just keep following the trail that Mike leaves behind. lol!

I thought so as well.

Just another stellar report Mike. Thanks for taking the time.

Thanks so much guys, some of the comments are very kind.

Thanks for the read Mike, that was a perfect way to start off my day...thanks. My trip was OK this year, lots of BIG pike but we couldn't locate the lakers and nobody was fishing them in our area. Heading home for two weeks to fish for some atlantics with my dad in a couple of days!!

Glad to hear Jason, and enjoy yourself on the rock. I'm guessing that's a trip that's long overdue.

Another great report Mike. A fly in for Lakers would be grand with day trips for eyes for the table. Another trip to look into.

Brad if you really want to go then we should probably talk.

.. Bill needs to smile more!

I noticed that too. He always looks so angry LOL!

Can you carry me in your pocket Mike, let you use my Spiel rod :D Gots to do a trip like that. Fantastic Mike. Great post. :good:

You're welcome to join anytime Dave.

great report, that pike is epic!

Thanks dude.