Do you leave gear in the car?

jedimaster

52 members have voted

1. 1. do you leave a rod and tackle in the car?

• yes
    • no

I never have but it is probably because I don't have anywhere to keep it in the car ( my rods are all 1 piece).

My buddy used to keep gear there until someone stole about $1000.00 worth of gear out of it. He figured it was safe being locked in a car in a secure underground apartment garage. He quickly figured out he was wrong.

Ever since I got the inflatable, it's pretty much stuffed in the car with all my tackle all the time. Lol at very least though, there is always a baitcaster, a spinning rod and a couple tackle trays, just in case.

I've caught a lot of big, unexpected fish by simply stopping for 20 min and fishing on the way somewhere else.

I'm late for everything. :lol:

I used to have a E-150 Ford Van for house painting with 4 sets of rod holders that held 4 rods each mounted to the Ceiling so at any given time my crew could go fishing for just about anything, when we were done early or a shower moved through we would hit the nearest river, lake or pond, Man I really miss that Van.

Tight Lines SBK :Gonefishing:

I used to have a E-150 Ford Van for house painting with 4 sets of rod holders that held 4 rods each mounted to the Ceiling so at any given time my crew could go fishing for just about anything, when we were done early or a shower moved through we would hit the nearest river, lake or pond, Man I really miss that Van.

Tight Lines SBK :Gonefishing:

Thats awesome! I did the same thing with my pickup... I have 4 rods and a tacklebox ready to deploy at any given opportunity! I think i would feel like i was naked driving around without them now. Came in handy quite a few times over the past couple years. I keep all my receipts, and worst case scenario, insurance will pay to replace stolen equipment... I dont pay those f#£#% all that money for nothing!

Did once, Put someone wanted my tackle more than me. Insurance wouldn't believe how much tackle cost. I laughed when she said, is it really worth it with $100.00 deductible. I told her 1 lure was $10.00 X's ?, 4 rigger rods,reels & 4 Elec. Big Jons She WAS AMAZED.