If money was no object ...

camillj

My vote would be Big Sand Lake. It's been 5 years since I was there and it left such an impression. The fishing was out of this world as well as the staff, location, scenery,...... the list just is too long

Moose sightings every day, shore lunch to die for

about the only thing not there for a ten year old is a lounge area with TV or video games. Let's be honest a week without any of that would be hard on any kid.

I would choose Nippissing. Close to TO and the outfitters there could use our support. If money really isn't any object check out Klotz Lake Camp. It's near Longlac. Fly to Thunder Bay, rent a vehicle and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime. One can drive into many back lakes on the old Kimberly Clark logging roads. Portage the rapids to Flint Lake with a 14 foot aluminum. 2 at a time walleye on a pickerel rig, fill the boat with perch, put on a good old fashioned Red Devil and hold on for dear life when a 20 plus pound Northern hits it. While you ice down your sore wrist and elbows from reeling in trophy pike, watch the Black Bears and Moose do what Black Bears and Moose do.

And you can do all this in sunlight until 10:30 PM. Snowball fight in the morning and shorts and t shirts at noon. Pretty amazing for a 30 year old Ironmaker that had never been in the woods north of Dundas. Now I hear they have a TV! I can't imagine why for the life of me.

I miss the real north, forget about Sask and Manitoba. That's all trick photography and besides this the Ontario Fishing Network. Who want's to go to Klotz next June?

I'm with Craig Ritchie on the northern sask probly tobin lake the lakes up there are world class and all have the potential to hold record walleyes and pike it's some of the best fishing in the world for those 2 species !!!! Come on Craig lets go !!!! I will hook up the Lund right now.....lol

Ontario...?

Some incredible fisheries across this Province from drive-to to fly-in. Too many ideas to list really... especially with that recipe of fish species. But from Chicago area I'd think NW Ontario would be as easy a choice for travel as anywhere else in the Prov, and that'd open up a tonne of options yet to be explored, especially on the muskie front.

Have a buddy from Wisconsin that comes up each year and has fished different NW Ontario spots and almost too many amazing arctic Canada fisheries for lakers and pike. If you'd ever want suggestions for that, I could certainly ask Seth about any places you're thinking about.

Do have some favorites for ON though, a list which keeps growing with age.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on you and your son.

If you want amazing fishing and a true wilderness adventure, then get an outfitter to fly you into a private camp on a small to medium sized lake. It really is as good as it gets .... but its also quite the undertaking and might not be a good idea for a 10 year old's first trip.

The other option is to find a good, reputable drive-to lodge in NW Ontario on a big lake. I recommend one that has a few bush lakes you can access for a day trip. You and your son will have a great time staying in a cabin, talking with the other guests, exploring the lake(s) etc etc.

Oh, and spending a lot of money is not synonymous with having the best experience. A "true Ontario experience" means roughing it a little bit and un-plugging for a while.

Well if money is no option then NW Ontario - Lake of the Woods and hire Gord Pyzer as your guide for the week. One of the most knowledgeable fisherman I've had the pleasure of fishing with. Ben Beattie on Lac Seul would be another great choice.