Fishnsled and ccmt's excellent Muskie adventures!

ccmtcanada

Well, it has been a while since either of us had wet a line, and it seemed that after all that Lake Ontario trolling this summer, that it was time we turned our attention to some fall Muskies!

So, Saturday morning...with a 70% chance of rain, we headed north. Launched around 8am and found our first spot to begin casting. Within a short period of time, it was apparent that the fish were on the feed! :thumbsup_anim:

I was watching my suick come towards the boat when about 20 feet out it disappeared! First a splash as it torpedoed if from below...Then the flash of the underside of a musky and it took it straight down. I set the hook and it pulls right out of it's mouth! It didn't take much longer before Fishnsled lands a small one...

skiboatside.jpg

All day long we went back and forth with fish....my first of the day...

muskie.jpg

Fishnsled then lands this chunky 42 by 17" beauty!

42inchski.jpg

We then decided to cover more water and troll around some deep edges. We watched as the 70% chance of shower rained all around us, but never on us! Today was our day it seemed!

While trolling, my rod goes nuts...after about 10 seconds, I realize it's not a big fish, but I'll take it!

photo1.jpg

Then Fishnsled gets another nice one!

photo.jpg

End of Day one...saw us go 5 for 6...add in one follow that wasn't taking the bait and a one that rolled at the surface right at the bow of the boat and it was an incredible day!

Day Two...we were going to go to Quinte originally with Fishnled's friend, but the wind forecase (35 km/h winds) caused a decision to head back for more muskie. With only a 20% chace of rain we were hoping for another banner day.

As soon as we launch, the skies open up and it starts raining. It rained almost all morning long, but stopped just in time for Fishnsled to land his first ever Tiger Muskie! I have never seen one up close before, and I have to say, they are very cool!! Congrats to Fishnsled! :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

tigermuskie.jpg

The rest of the day was a bust...with one hit while trolling...but the entire weekend was a huge success!!

Until next time....

Nice shootin ther boys... and Will, that outfit makes yer head look big!

LMAO

HH

You should see what it does for my :asshat: Joe..... :lol:

Thanks for doing up the report Cliff and being a great net man! Another awesome weekend on the water with ya and looking forward to the next trip. I'll have to look at my camera tonight and see if there's a pic or two to add to the report.

A really nice weekend for you both, Cliff and Will. Glad you got into some beauty fish. Were most or all fish taken on body baits or did you throw a few blades too?

I threw some blades around at the start of the day (Had to test out the new Handlebarz, awesome baits Mike!) Having not seen a fish, other then the one that rolled on the surface in front of me, and Cliff losing the first one on the suick I switched back to the glide bait and got a fish on that first cast with it, followed shortly with a follow. Given the weather and front that was moving in, I believe they just wanted a slower presentation.

If we are the dynamic duo, I call being Batman! Lol!

My Bat Boat and Bat Truck...and I caught the bigger fish Robin.... :whistling::P:lol:

A couple more shots from the day, the 42"

P1000971.jpg

The 40" in focus this time....:whistling: A really nice clean fish.

P1000976.jpg

The tiger with the tail straight out, just a beauty!

P1000978.jpg

And the release. It took off like a rocket!

P1000982.jpg

Now to the Batcave Robin to plan for the next adventure!! LOL!!

My Bat Boat and Bat Truck...and I caught the bigger fish Robin.... :whistling::P:lol:

Now to the Batcave Robin to plan for the next adventure!! LOL!!

When I'm holding that cradle that has your 50" muskie in it, I sure hope I don't accidentally let go of one of those bars.....

I wanna be Batman. :P