A nice week at Memquisit

Joey

Beauty report! Wish I could have been there Joey. Your pics are getting better and better all the time. You have some super shots there. Is it just me or does it look like you're using poor little Ralphie as bait out on the walking trails on the end of a line? :) As you know, I've never been to Memquisit although I pass by there all the time....it looks wonderful. And here's a question, Memquisit appears to be built on granite but the cabin you stayed in is on a concrete foundation? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Again, great report, super pics and I'm really glad you two had a good time.

Oh, and never thought I'd ever say this but thank Paul for the extra 6 inches. :)

Some beautiful shots you've taken there! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks JoshS!

Nice very nice, good report J

Awesome camera work

:thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Phil, will we be seeing you at LSC this year?

Beauty report! Wish I could have been there Joey. Your pics are getting better and better all the time. You have some super shots there. Is it just me or does it look like you're using poor little Ralphie as bait out on the walking trails on the end of a line? :) As you know, I've never been to Memquisit although I pass by there all the time....it looks wonderful. And here's a question, Memquisit appears to be built on granite but the cabin you stayed in is on a concrete foundation? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Again, great report, super pics and I'm really glad you two had a good time.

Oh, and never thought I'd ever say this but thank Paul for the extra 6 inches. :)

Thanks hon, I wish you could have been there too. Yes, Ralphie leads the way first in case of wolves or bears :)

As for the cabins, the one we stayed in used to be the previous owners' permanent home, so it has a good foundation and is heated by oil. All the others are on "stilts" and are heated by propane. Actually, the website has a description of each cabin, it is very imformative and gives the history etc.

As for Paul and his extra six inches, well that's between the two of you :whistling::o:lol:

Edited by Joey

Very nice report and looks like a good time was had by all. Is I looked at the pictures of the walk in the woods I though "Joey's bearbaiting" lol but I know that bear would have to come thru you before he got close to ralphy.

Art

Great pictures. You have a real talent with the camera!

Thank you NBR!

Very nice report and looks like a good time was had by all. Is I looked at the pictures of the walk in the woods I though "Joey's bearbaiting" lol but I know that bear would have to come thru you before he got close to ralphy.

Art

Thanks Art, and you got that right, the bear would be a hurtin animal if he tried to get my Ralphie :)

Looked like a great getaway. Sweet pics too. Where did you get the cool T-shirt with the warrior Babe on it? My daughters loves that stuff

Ya, it was a really nice getaway for sure Skud. The cool T-shirt, I got at the French River Trading Post, but the company is called "The Mountain" and they make really neat t-shirts. The one I have is a wood nymph and is my favorite shirt. Her name is Crystalline and I've sewn more than a few holes in this shirt already. Here is the link and they still carry that shirt if you want to order it for your daughter!!

The Mountain T-Shirts

Edited by Joey

Great report and the pics are awesome. I love the first moon shot as well. :clapping:

Thanks B, it was a real treat to see the harvest moon coming up while out on the water :thumbsup_anim:

Great pics, as usual Joey...Nice Muskie Paul!

Thanks Dax

Great to see an excellent trip documented with excellent pics for all to see.

I wish I were there now......

Thanks Sour Squirrel

Wow always amazing pictures... The one with the floating leaf is spectacular.

Glad you got into some fish. Nice to see some walleye still up there.

Thanks Paul, I was happy to see the smaller pickerel too. That means they are reproducing and they'll hopefully grow up to be bigguns :clapping:

Edited by Joey

awesome trip love the photo's

Thanks C1!!

excellent report Joey glad to see the fish caught!! Great photos to boot. Memquisit is our fav place to stay.

Thanks Pete. We loved it too, and I was glad to catch fish awell :whistling::lol:

All smiles and happy here Joey and Paul. thumbsup_anim.gif

Glad to see you had a great fall week on the West Arm. clapping.gif

Thanks hon, glad we could bring a smile to your face.

Awesome report , thanks for sharing, Tranquility at its finest !

Thanks Topwater Strikes, it definately was tranquil. Loved every quiet moment!

Great report Joey. My son jack said " I think that lady got a monster fish tangled in seaweed"

_

Hahaha, Jack is very perceptive. Thanks Simon!

I live vicariously through posts like that, thanks for taking the time to post it!

Glad I could help Rog!

Very nice report and like many have said your pictures are assume. We’ve stayed at Memquisit on two different occasions for our summer’s week away. One of the things I like the most about Memquisit is its location; it’s kind of the midpoint on the West Arm.

Just last week I was thinking of booking there again for this coming summer and came across a Royal Le Page listing that the lodge is up for sale; was there any mention of this by the owners or staff, while you were there?

http://www.sellingthenorth.com/listings/l0085.html

Dan.

It was for sale last year too Dan along with the rest of the surrounding property. There were for sale signs every couple hundred feet to the east and then up and around the east end.

This year they've removed all the signs and evidently they've decided not to sell it as a bunch of different properties but as only 1 or 2 packages.

It's a gorgeous area and personally, I'd hate to see a bunch of cabins ....or monster homes along those shores.

I've also stayed there a couple times and it's really nice.

Thanks guys, and yes, it is for sale. We talked to the owner about price and how many acres he had etc. We actually noticed ALOT of places up there for sale, including Lakair Lodge and the main corner store in Lavigne, aswell as many, many homes and cottages. The only two private cottages on Muskrat Bay are both for sale.

It's kind of heartbreaking to think that many of the places need to sell. Not sure the reasoning, but it must have been a hard decision to put them up for sale.