A nice week at Memquisit

Joey

It was for sale last year too Dan along with the rest of the surrounding property. There were for sale signs every couple hundred feet to the east and then up and around the east end.

This year they've removed all the signs and evidently they've decided not to sell it as a bunch of different properties but as only 1 or 2 packages.

It's a gorgeous area and personally, I'd hate to see a bunch of cabins ....or monster homes along those shores.

I've also stayed there a couple times and it's really nice.

Thanks for the info Lew.

Last time we were there (2 years ago), they were promoting the lots they had for sale; but nothing was said about them selling everything. If they do sell I sure hope the new owners try and keep the same atmosphere going. You didn’t see or hear from any of the owners or the staff; but at the same time if you ask for something they bent over backwards to get it done for you. What I mean is that you’re left alone to do your own thing and not bugged by them, by being in your face all the time.

Dan.

if you ask for something they bent over backwards to get it done for you.

Our 1st time there was about 4 years ago and we stayed in cabin 10 which is boat access only. First evening the BBQ didn't work so I called the office and they said they'd be right over to check it.

It was literally only about 3 minutes after my call and here comes Frank around the bend in his boat. I met him at the dock and said "What the heck took you so long" :lol:

He couldn't fix it but had a new BBQ on our porch within minutes.

Fantastic service for sure.

Our 1st time there was about 4 years ago and we stayed in cabin 10 which is boat access only. First evening the BBQ didn't work so I called the office and they said they'd be right over to check it.

It was literally only about 3 minutes after my call and here comes Frank around the bend in his boat. I met him at the dock and said "What the heck took you so long" :lol:

He couldn't fix it but had a new BBQ on our porch within minutes.

Fantastic service for sure.

What else could you ask for?,sounds like a 5star plus !!!!. Would love to go there sometime.

Joey, those pictures are Amazing!!! You have a great eye. My favorite is the one with the large cloud with the sun peeking out behind it....my first thought was that it looks like a huge Eagle....great shot.

Glad you guys had a great week and those were some nice fish...

Maureen

great report and great photos

looks like a great time

Thanks Terry, it really was a nice week up there, and I'd definately go back!

What else could you ask for?,sounds like a 5star plus !!!!. Would love to go there sometime.

Yup, 5 star for sure, thanks Davey Buoy!

Joey, those pictures are Amazing!!! You have a great eye. My favorite is the one with the large cloud with the sun peeking out behind it....my first thought was that it looks like a huge Eagle....great shot.

Glad you guys had a great week and those were some nice fish...

Maureen

Thanks Mo, that picture was first thing in the morning, with the sun rising, just after the mist had dissipated. It was a "crisp" morning for sure, and as the sun rose on one side, the moon was setting on the next. I got pics of that too, but they were not so enlightening :D

but I get Cabin 9, just saying ;)

Been watching property on the West Arm and some seems to just sit there, like the island across from Shuswap. Also some islands near Muskrat for sale and the price (compared to south Ont.) for Memquisit is a steal. I mean c'mon, 294 acres for $2 000 000 ??? In a heartbeat, if I won Lottomax.

btw, is there enough current in the Arm to make ice fishing a dicey proposition ?